No announcement yet.

Carmon Basilio's Love For Training and a Insight Behind His Training Camp

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carmon Basilio's Love For Training and a Insight Behind His Training Camp

Throughout his caeer Camen Basilio concentrated on becoming a better boxer through hard work and enormous determination. He enjoyed the rigors training and the preparation of a big fight.

Traning was as much a part of his life as eating, drinking or breathing. He embraced the discipline and the pride that come from the extra hard work that would pay dividends later on in a tough fight.

Carmen Basilio ''I'm always happy when I sign for a fight. I know that I'm going to go into training. I like to train. It means that I'm gonna get away from the banquet circuit and I get a little bit of peace when am traning''

''The phone dosen't ring and I can relax''

Kay Basilio (First Wife) ''Every time Carmon is booked for a fight he is overjoyed. He tells people he's only in the boxing for the money. ''I know it's really in his heart''

During training he was up at 5:30, running four milies, alternating sprinting and jogging. Each day he would focus on in creasing the sprinting and jogging.

Back at camp breakfast followed, which consisted of orange juice, three soft boiled eggs, toast, and coffee, substituting tea in it's place.

After Breakfast he would catch a quick nap, followed by his daily routine of exercise designed to increase his stamina and strength....then it was on to sparring . Many days, Basilio would run out of sparring parthers, and John DeJohn would literally push him out the ring.

His love for sparring never changed throughout his career. He would finish the gym portion of his traning by shadow boxing . Carmen would stand in front of a mirror perfecting his moves, always working at increasing speed.

Once the workout was done, Joe Nitro would give him a rubdown, then it was off to fish for the rest of the day.

Originally posted by JB16 View Post
    Throughout his caeer Camen Basilio concentrated on becoming a better boxer through hard work and enormous determination. He enjoyed the rigors training and the preparation of a big fight.

Traning was as much a part of his life as eating, drinking or breathing. He embraced the discipline and the pride that come from the extra hard work that would pay dividends later on in a tough fight.

Carmen Basilio ''I'm always happy when I sign for a fight. I know that I'm going to go into training. I like to train. It means that I'm gonna get away from the banquet circuit and I get a little bit of peace when am traning''

''The phone dosen't ring and I can relax''

Kay Basilio (First Wife) ''Every time Carmon is booked for a fight he is overjoyed. He tells people he's only in the boxing for the money. ''I know it's really in his heart''

During training he was up at 5:30, running four milies, alternating sprinting and jogging. Each day he would focus on in creasing the sprinting and jogging.

Back at camp breakfast followed, which consisted of orange juice, three soft boiled eggs, toast, and coffee, substituting tea in it's place.

After Breakfast he would catch a quick nap, followed by his daily routine of exercise designed to increase his stamina and strength....then it was on to sparring . Many days, Basilio would run out of sparring parthers, and John DeJohn would literally push him out the ring.

His love for sparring never changed throughout his career. He would finish the gym portion of his traning by shadow boxing . Carmen would stand in front of a mirror perfecting his moves, always working at increasing speed.

Once the workout was done, Joe Nitro would give him a rubdown, then it was off to fish for the rest of the day.
    yet members on here will claim fighters from the past was not as fit as they are today and would not stand a chance against fighters of today... yet watching those 2 fights from Super 6 at the weekend Basilio would have KOd all four of them on the same night

Comment

There wasn't many, who could match Basilio in the determination area.

Basilio is prove hard work can take you a long way.

Comment

agreed with the posts above!

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
          yet members on here will claim fighters from the past was not as fit as they are today and would not stand a chance against fighters of today... yet watching those 2 fights from Super 6 at the weekend Basilio would have KOd all four of them on the same night
          Some are even in worse shape. Only because of the growing myth that "short interval training" replaces running.

You need both but I've heard of some lazy ass heavyweights thinking only the first one matters.

Manny Pacquiao has a pretty intense regimen going though, I've yet to see anyone match what he does.

a brief run down of what I have heard: ( it obviously changes day to day)

runs 5 miles - then 2 more miles up hill

plyometrics

explosive exercising (certain light weights involved)

some 45+ rounds of speed bag, heavy, bag, skipping and sparring.

I'm curious what the guy in my av was doing for stamina as he never seemed to get tired. I'd like to see Haglers routine as well.

Comment

Working...
          X