Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dirrell VS Abraham, so far everything and its contrary has been said yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
      Koki Kameda vs Wonjongkam

Round 1 Wonjongkam

Thought Wonjongkam did the better countering,
      particularly with the left hand

Round 2 Kameda

Even though Wonjongkam hurt Kameda early in the round
      i felt Kameda countered his way back to take the round, most
      notably with the right hook, Kameda did have his legs dipped
      by that shot though.

Round 3 Kameda

Tough round to score as it could of gone either way.

Round 4 Wonjongkam

This round was not easy to score either because Kameda
      scored effectively early but let Wonjongkam take over mid
      round as he landed the harder cleaner shots of the round on
      Kameda at the end, although Kameda did come back down
      the stretch

Round 5 even (because of a point deduction, although i felt Wonjongkam won the round)

Kameda cut in this round so Wonjongkam had a point taken, there
      was also another clash of heads in the round but i dont know
      whether the referee took another point or not. It was another
      close round where i felt Kameda countered well but also got hit himself
      with some clean shots so i gave it to Wonjongkam, but because of the point taken
      it was an even round.

Round 6 Wonjongkam

Man! these rounds are tough to score, i felt Wongjongkam
      was having his most effective round of the fight but Kameda
      came back down the stretch to tighten things up, this easily could
      of gone the way of Kameda

Round 7 Kameda

Good round of Boxing by Kameda, probably the clearest round
      to score in the fight as Kameda countered effectively the whole
      round, he was a lot more consistent this round

Round 8 Kameda

Close competitive round where Kameda started well but
      got nailed with a big shots mid round, that said Kameda came
      back down stretch to take control and edged the round as he landed
      more counters over the coarse of the round imo.

Round 9 Wonjongkam

Wong was having a good round but he let his workrate drop
      off and Kameda came back to take control and closed it out better,
      that said he did catch some pretty hard punches early on from
      Wong, im gonna go for Wong on second thoughts as he really did
      nail Kameda.

Round 10 Wonjongkam
      Was going to give this to Kameda but he stopped punching
      toward the end and Wong was consistent all the way although
      not always landing but he did manage to land a significant shot
      toward the end

Round 11 Kameda
      Kameda more active imo.

Round 12 Kameda landed the better counters most of this
      round imo although his workrate dropped off mid round and
      he allowed Wong to take over but he did come back toward
      the end imo

Early on the rounds were very hard to score as it was nip and tuck most of the way and
      Kameda was throwing single shots and not doing enough imo, however midway
      Kameda got cut and i felt the cut kinda changed his mentality as he become more
      active, possibly fearing the worst, i thought he held his feet a bit too much when
      he got a cut but when he started Boxing again he seemed to do better, i have no
      idea why Kameda does not throw the jab more often it seems to be the one punch
      that is consistently missing from his Arsenal, he does have a decent jab
      when he uses it, to Kameda's credit he did use the jab more in the
      second half of the fight.

I felt Wong nailed Kameda with harder punches throughout this fight and that Kameda
      let him inside too easily at times because he was not throwing the jab, that said i
      thought Kameda edged Wong out in the end as he countered Wong more often, albeit
      maybe not as significantly.
      Originally posted by Shadows View Post
      Koki Kameda vs Pongsaklek Wonjongkam

1. Wongjongkam, 10-9
      Wonjongkam takes the first round, by landing the cleaner, and effective punches. He patiently stalked Kameda, and picked his punches well. He landed the left over the top and trying to set up the straight left to the body. Kameda seems awfully tentative. He’s waiting on Wonjongkam,, but Wonjongkam isn’t opening himself up like Naito did.

2. Kameda, 10-9
      This was a better round for Koki, though it was still a bit close. He let his hands go a bit more, and clipped Wonjongkam a few times coming in. He did well to take it, IMO as he was a bit stunned by a right hook from Wonjongkam early on.

3. Kameda, 10-9
      I thought Kameda’s counter lefts and right hooks over the second half nicked it for him. However, Wonjongkam came on a bit at the end, leading to some nice exchanges.

4. Wonjongkam, 10-9
      A close round. Wonjongkam was consistent in his body attack, usng mainly a straight left to the body. Kameda landed the odd nice counter.

5. Even, 9-9
      Kameda is cut by an accidental butt, and the cut is worsened by another in the round. Wonjongkam has a point deducted, as this was the third or so time he clashed heads with Kameda. Wonjongkam senses that perhaps the young champion may come unravelled and ups the paces. Wonjongkam takes it via his activity and pressure.

6. Wonjongkam, 10-9
      A close round. Wonjongkam takes the round on his activity. Wonjongkam is landing his straight left, specifically to the body. Kameda needs to take it away. Kameda is landing nice counters with is left hand, just not enough of them.

7. Kameda, 10-9
      Kameda’s best round of the fight. Landed clean left hands throughout. Landed the occasional uppercut and right hook as well.

8. Wonjongkam, 10-9
      Wonjongkam comes out and starts working the body again. Working the jab followed by a straight left to the body. Wonjongkam also slipped a lot of Kameda’s left hands this round.

9. Wonjongkam, 10-9
      Close round. Wonjongkam pressed Kameda early and landed the cleaner punches. He reopened Kameda’s cut. Wonjongkam has adjusted, he’s slipping or blocking a lot of Kameda’s left hands. Kameda did come back a bit late on, but it wasn’t enough.

10. Wonjongkam, 10-9
      Good round for Wonjongkam. He worked the jab really well to control the distance, and managed to slip Kameda’s punches well too. The last minuted or so produced some nice exchanges, and I felt Wonjongkam got the better of them.

11. Wonjongkam, 10-9
      Another good round for Wonjongkam. He landed clean, effective punches to both the body and head. Wonjongkam was good defensively as well. Kameda knows he’s behind and is trying to step in and pressure Wonjongkam more often. However, Wonjongkam is smartly stepping off and turning Kameda when he’s coming in, Kameda is hitting nothing but air.

12. Kameda, 10-9
      Both guys went for it and traded punches all throughout the round. I felt as thought Kameda won it with his activity throughout the round and landing clean punches. Wonjongkam went into a bit of a lull during the middle of the round.

7-4-1, 115-112 Pongsaklek Wonjongkam
      Obviously we disagree with some rounds, resulting in a split of how it was scored.

I think the two we disagree on are rounds eight and eleven. I thought Wonjongkam took the eighth, and I thought round eleven was one of his best rounds of the fight.

I also agree that it was a close fight up until the seventh. Kameda was scoring big with the left in that round, but I noticed Wonjongkam started slipping it a lot more during the rest of the way. That was the biggest reason I felt he did so well 8-11.

I thought round eleven was very clear for him, as I thought he played matador in that round. Kameda became much more aggressive and was stepping in more, but Wonjongkam was turning him whenever he did. Kameda must have felt that he had given up a few of the previous rounds, which added to his desperation since he knew up to #8, he was losing a SD.

I think Kameda is a inconsistent with his jab, and threw too many single shots during the fight. He also didn't test Wonjongkam's tank, as he didn't go to the body enough. He was in the ring with a 32 yo flyweight with nearly 80 fights, I figured he'd go there. By comparison, Wonjongkam was pretty consistent in that department, as he used the jab followed by a straight left to the body a good amount. Kameda never took it away and it scored Wonjongkam.

I would also like to see Kameda become looser. A lot of times he seems stiff and content to pick off gloves behind his high guard, but it was allowing Wonjongkam to get off too much. A think a fighter with his speed, athleticism, and reflexes, he would benefit from more head and upper body movement. He'd be able to slip and counter more effectively, and he'd be able to do it more often.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadows View Post
        Obviously we disagree with some rounds, resulting in a split of how it was scored.

I think the two we disagree on are rounds eight and eleven. I thought Wonjongkam took the eighth, and I thought round eleven was one of his best rounds of the fight.

I also agree that it was a close fight up until the seventh. Kameda was scoring big with the left in that round, but I noticed Wonjongkam started slipping it a lot more during the rest of the way. That was the biggest reason I felt he did so well 8-11.

I thought round eleven was very clear for him, as I thought he played matador in that round. Kameda became much more aggressive and was stepping in more, but Wonjongkam was turning him whenever he did. Kameda must have felt that he had given up a few of the previous rounds, which added to his desperation since he knew up to #8, he was losing a SD.

I think Kameda is a inconsistent with his jab, and threw too many single shots during the fight. He also didn't test Wonjongkam's tank, as he didn't go to the body enough. He was in the ring with a 32 yo flyweight with nearly 80 fights, I figured he'd go there. By comparison, Wonjongkam was pretty consistent in that department, as he used the jab followed by a straight left to the body a good amount. Kameda never took it away and it scored Wonjongkam.

I would also like to see Kameda become looser. A lot of times he seems stiff and content to pick off gloves behind his high guard, but it was allowing Wonjongkam to get off too much. A think a fighter with his speed, athleticism, and reflexes, he would benefit from more head and upper body movement. He'd be able to slip and counter more effectively, and he'd be able to do it more often.
        For me Kameda came back in round 8 to swing it his way as Wong let his workrate drop off too much, that was very close though.

I just watched round 11 again he did win that round pretty easily, i musta got the names mixed up or something, if i genuinely scored that for Kameda then im must be

Comment

For me Kameda came back in round 8 to swing it his way as Wong let his workrate drop off too much, that was very close though.

I just watched round 11 again he did win that round pretty easily, i musta got the names mixed up or something, if i genuinely scored that for Kameda then im must be

I thought it was a good fight though. Obviously not a FOTY type, but a good, fast paced fight.

I would welcome a rematch. I think Edgar Sosa will get his shot first as his was awarded a special mandatory status by the WBC.

Naito said he wanted the winner, but I think he believed it was going to be Kameda. He brought up his name in interviews and I think he actually tipped him to win. Still, I think Wonjongkam-Naito V would be a good swan song for both guys.

Kameda will rebound, IMO. He's young enough, he just has to fine tune his game and learn from his mistakes.

Comment

I thought it was a good fight though. Obviously not a FOTY type, but a good, fast paced fight.

I would welcome a rematch. I think Edgar Sosa will get his shot first as his was awarded a special mandatory status by the WBC.

Naito said he wanted the winner, but I think he believed it was going to be Kameda. He brought up his name in interviews and I think he actually tipped him to win. Still, I think Wonjongkam-Naito V would be a good swan song for both guys.

Kameda will rebound, IMO. He's young enough, he just has to fine tune his game and learn from his mistakes.
            It was an interesting fight to be fair, it got much better after the cut.

BTW if have not seen it yet dont bother watching the Gamboa fight, boring for most of the way, picked up toward the end but it was far from entertaining.

Gonna watch Molitor tomorrow, i like Molitor, although i reckon he has a shaky chin Lol.

Comment

It was an interesting fight to be fair, it got much better after the cut.

BTW if have not seen it yet dont bother watching the Gamboa fight, boring for most of the way, picked up toward the end but it was far from entertaining.

Gonna watch Molitor tomorrow, i like Molitor, although i reckon he has a shaky chin Lol.
              I started watching it a little bit this morning at like 3 AM. I eventually said, **** this.

From what I saw, it looked like Barros wasn't looking to engage Gamboa and to sit back and counter. A lot of people were saying Gamboa didn't look good, that may be why.

Molitor's accent is funny to me.

Comment

I started watching it a little bit this morning at like 3 AM. I eventually said, **** this.

From what I saw, it looked like Barros wasn't looking to engage Gamboa and to sit back and counter. A lot of people were saying Gamboa didn't look good, that may be why.

Molitor's accent is funny to me.
                Lol figures.....

Barros did put a bit more pressure on toward the end but he was not landing that much, that said i gave him a couple of sympathy rounds, Gamboa did not look terrible! like what Donaire looked against Concepcion but he did not look particularly good either, he seemed to go back to his old way of getting overly aggressive and leaving himself open at times.

Comment

Lol figures.....

Barros did put a bit more pressure on toward the end but he was not landing that much, that said i gave him a couple of sympathy rounds, Gamboa did not look terrible! like what Donaire looked against Concepcion but he did not look particularly good either, he seemed to go back to his old way of getting overly aggressive and leaving himself open at times.
                  Did you get paid for Abraham-Dirrell? I heard some weren't paying.

Hopkins-Jones and Ruiz-Hayes this weekend. No way in hell I'm paying for Hopkins-Jones.

Comment

Did you get paid for Abraham-Dirrell? I heard some weren't paying.

Hopkins-Jones and Ruiz-Hayes this weekend. No way in hell I'm paying for Hopkins-Jones.
                    Yeah i got paid.

I guess you would have to favour Haye but its prolly one of those fights where by if Ruiz can walk threw a couple of Haye's best shots and pressure him in the second half Haye could have some difficulty in the fight, then again Roy Jones was able to hurt Ruiz.

I can see Hopkins knocking Jones out with ease, Hopkins is a lot bigger now than he was, see the size of him compared to Calzaghe on the scales? he looks massive these days does Hopkins.

Comment

Yeah i got paid.

I guess you would have to favour Haye but its prolly one of those fights where by if Ruiz can walk threw a couple of Haye's best shots and pressure him in the second half Haye could have some difficulty in the fight, then again Roy Jones was able to hurt Ruiz.

I can see Hopkins knocking Jones out with ease, Hopkins is a lot bigger now than he was, see the size of him compared to Calzaghe on the scales? he looks massive these days does Hopkins.
                      Would you see Hopkins is fookin massive now?

Comment

Working...
                      X