This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rsf View Post
    george foreman vs the toronto five (foreman looks totally bonkers)
    I remember watching that live on ABC. It was bizzare to say the least. Maybe it was an indication that George needed a 10 year vacation.

Comment

• Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
      Archie Moore-Jimmy Slade
      Vinny Pazienza-Glenwood Brown
      ESPN classic? noticed they were on too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
        I remember watching that live on ABC. It was bizzare to say the least. Maybe it was an indication that George needed a 10 year vacation.
        Very weird indeed! What was up with Foreman and that odd bunny hop he kept doing!? Ali wasnt helping his cause tho lol

Comment

• Originally posted by TBear View Post
          ESPN classic? noticed they were on too.
          Lol, you bet!

Comment

• Pernell Whitaker vs Julio Ceaser Vasquez- 154lbs Title

1. 10-9 Whitaker
            2. 10-9 Whitaker
            3. 10-9 Vasquez
            4. 10-8 Vasquez
            5. 10-9 Vasquez
            6. 10-9 Whitaker
            7. 10-9 Whitaker
            8. 10-9 Whitaker
            9. 9-9 even with point deduction of Vasquez
            10. 10-9 Whitaker
            11. 9-9 even with point deduction of Vasquez
            12. 10-9 Vasquez

End score: 113-112 Whitaker

If Vasquez didn't keep hitting him in the back of the head and didn't get the points deducted he would have won on my scorecard because he was just more active in the close rounds. It was nice to see Whitaker test the waters at 154 but that was way to close to call. Ugly close fight but Whitaker did what he had to do, Vasquez stopped hitting to that body, but still don't think Whitaker should have thrown away that last round like that.

Last time I scored it I think I remember having Whitaker win by a few points. Was interesting to watch again.

Comment

• Watched the live boxing last nite but also bashed on Ward vs Miranda fight, Abraham vs Miranda 2, and Joe Louis vs Tony Galento

Comment

• Mark Johnson vs Fernando Montiel

boring fight
                Last edited by SCtrojansbaby; 05-15-2011, 02:15 PM.

Comment

• Last night i watched Ortiz vs Berto, Marquez vs Juarez and Cotto vs N'Dou

Comment

• Matthew saad muhammad vs jerry martin-9/26/81
                    matthew saad muhammad vs lotte mwale-11/28/80

jerry martin dominated this tremendous war for the first 9 rounds with a punishing body attack, but you knew he was eventually going to get caught because of how reckless he was walking in. Saad was able to land vicous rights and lefts all fight long. Saad was great because he had a great chin, had ko power in both hands, and got stronger as the fight grew longer. In the 11th, saad caught martin with a wicked three punch combo. Martin was out on his feet when referre larry hazzard quickly stepped in and halted the fight.

Saad's fight with mwale was a one-sided beating that ended in the 4th when saad put mwale to sleep with a picture perfect left hook. One of saad's greatest performances.

Comment

• Azumah nelson vs mario martinez 2-2/25/89

in theire first fight a year prior, nelson won a very close fight. In the rematch, martinez gave nelson hell for the first 6 rounds. However, beginning with the 7th, nelson's superior skills began to break mario down. Nelson's body work and left jab dominated from this point on. Finally, in the 12th, nelson's right cross had martinez out on his feet. Before he could be put to sleep. Referee carlos padilla stepped in and halted the bout. A tremendous fight with the professor teaching the audience how to systematically break down an opponent.

Comment

Working...
                      X