Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Andrew Lewis-James "nobody is P4P the best until they beat" Page (according to George Foreman).

Page really looked awful. Some guys can fight really well off a layoff. Quartey fought DLH after 16 months off, Leonard fighting Hagler after 3 years off, DLH against Vargas after 15 months off.

Page, however, looked like an old shot fighter.

Comment

Bones Adams vs Orlando Canizalez, it was a very close fight up until the stoppage, at first there was a lot of confusion about why the fight was stopped but it was discovered that Adams sustained a broken jaw. I had the fight dead even going into the 11 and i had Canizalez edging the 11

Adams fought really well considering he was only 18, he also fought Kelly later in his career and i thought he actually won that fight, although that like the Canizalez fight was extremely close.

Comment

Watched Henry 'the Hugger' Akinwande against Alexander Zolkin yesterday, Akinwande did surprisingly little hugging, good performance from him actually.

Then I watched the recent Mundine-Falliga fight and the Geale-Barbosa fight, dull fights both of them, especially the Mundine-Falliga fight. After the first 2 rounds Falliga just started retreating while throwing very little punches back and Mundine was looking way too hard for the knockout. Geale-Barbosa was better but still one sided, more like a sparring session than a real fight, fun last round though when they were both trying to out-macho each other.

Comment

Bruno vs Bugner, Tillis.

Bruno did a number on both of them, particularly Tillis whom it appeared he broke his nose.

Bugner fight not exactly the most exciting fight but good performance by Frank.

Underrated jab, Boxing skills by our Frank.

Comment

Bruno vs Bugner, Tillis.

Bruno did a number on both of them, particularly Tillis whom it appeared he broke his nose.

Bugner fight not exactly the most exciting fight but good performance by Frank.

Underrated jab, Boxing skills by our Frank.

Comment

Bruno vs Cummings.

Bruno shook to his boots in round 1 but showed lots of heart to regroup and take a control, pretty impressive actually, the way he was able to dig in and come back and knock Cummings down.

Comment

Saw Bonecrusher Smith defeat David Bey in a 10 round fight from 1986 last night. Smith outworked and dropped Bey in the final round. This fight earned him a shot at Tim Witherspoon, who he demolished in one round

Comment

Originally posted by 1SILVA View Post
                  Saw Bonecrusher Smith defeat David Bey in a 10 round fight from 1986 last night. Smith outworked and dropped Bey in the final round. This fight earned him a shot at Tim Witherspoon, who he demolished in one round
                  Yeah that kinda pisses me off that he managed to do away with Witherspoon in 1. I dont think Witherspoon ever recovered form the very first punch he landed.

I heard someone say that they thought Smith had Foreman type punching power.

Comment

I listened to a recent interview with Tim Witherspoon where he said he pretty much threw the second Bonecrusher Smith fight.

Smith could punch though, whenever he wanted to. He stunned Tyson about the only time he decided to let his hands go.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
                      I listened to a recent interview with Tim Witherspoon where he said he pretty much threw the second Bonecrusher Smith fight.

Smith could punch though, whenever he wanted to. He stunned Tyson about the only time he decided to let his hands go.

Yeah i heard that to on Westside Boxing.

Great sig that is, it just shows you the kind of power he possessed, that sig is going on my desktop, thanks TheGreatA.

Comment

Working...
                      X