This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Natedatpkid View Post
    Winky Wright vs Jermain Taylor. DAMN WHATTA FIGHT!!! One of the most underrated fights of the last 10 years. That actually was goin' in on that middleweight title.

1. 10-9 Taylor
    2. Winky 10-9
    3. 10-9 Winky
    4. 10-9 Winky
    5. Winky 10-9
    6. Taylor 10-9
    7. Taylor 10-9
    8. 10-9 Winky
    9. 10-9 Taylor
    10. 10-9 Taylor
    11. 10-10
    12. 10-9 Taylor

(WINNER) Jermain "Bad Intentions" Taylor 115
    Winky "Winky" Wright 114

I know Winky was mad but he gave away that fight at the end trying to box. He should have went at the motha****a in the last 2 rounds because you gotta beat the champ to take the title, not just try to skim by. You can't leave it into the judges hands!!!
    Im with u dude, had Taylor 1 point up and thought Wink let it slip late. U cant do that in this game and fighters should know better by now

Comment

• May, 1983
      JEFF CHANDLER VS HECTOR CORTEZ

Total domination by the greatest 118 pound champion I ever saw. This was Joltin Jeff's first fight at 122, and he fought a tall, 5'9" 122 pound Cortez. Within 30 seconds of THE FIGHT, Chandler dropped Cortez with his vaunted right cross. He dropped Cortez again in the second with another right cross, and A FINAL TIME IN THE 7TH, WITH YOU GUESSED IT, A right cross. Chandler's right hand was one OF THE GREATEST IN Bantamweight HISTORY!!!!! Unfortunately, Chandler would RETIRE 11 MONTHS LATER after SUFFERING a severe beating AT THE HANDS OF RICHIE SANDOVAL.

Comment

• dempsey vs firpo

clinton mckenzie vs ensley bingham H/L

michael watson vs ricky stackhouse

in stackhous's prevoius to fights he lost to herol graham by 8th round stoppage and dropped a decision to roberto duran so a 4th tko win was a pretty good result for watson at the time.

robert dickie vs kamel bou-ali , dickie unlucky to lose this one on cuts.

Comment

• Cotto vs Clottey

to some rather controversial but i had cotto nicking it he done well fighting with that cut.

Comment

• tony sibson vs john collins

gary jacobs vs george collins

Comment

• Originally posted by Jack_DempseyCSC View Post
              Cotto vs Clottey

to some rather controversial but i had cotto nicking it he done well fighting with that cut.
              I agree Cotto was a deserved winner, Clottey just didnt do enough as has been the case in some of his other fights - its an inbuilt flaw.

Cotto was class in continuing when he could have ducked out early and won a points decision what with having the KD and all, he didnt need to do that and while the cut (a very bad one) clearly effected him, his temperment was great and he did well.

I watched James Toney vs Michael Nunn last night - under rated fight from to excellent fighter and Wow what a finnish from Ol' Lights Out!

Also watched SRL vs Hearns 1, There were two real greats

Comment

• I just watched Mayweather vs Castillo 1 for the first time

And what were the judges thinking?

I had it 114-112 to Castillo

the judges scorecards were 115-111, 115-111, 116-111

Pretty pethetic in my opinion.....

Comment

• Archie Moore-Jimmy Slade
                  Vinny Pazienza-Glenwood Brown

Comment

• george foreman vs the toronto five (foreman looks totally bonkers)

Comment

• Benn vs Watson,good fight and shows how technically smart Watson was

Comment

Working...
                      X