Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got around to watching Skysports telecast and OMG, Dodson vs Smith? what a stinker of a fight, Bellew and Kell Brook looked decent on the undercard though.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1SILVA View Post
      This was a tremendous fight. Sweet Pea and Uncle Roger stood toe to toe for most of the fight. Uncle Roger almost ko'd Sweet Pea in the 9th, but Whitaker recovered and almost stopped Uncle Roger late in the fight. Excellent analysis, my friend.
      First time I've ever seen that fight as a whole, it reminded me of Toney-McCallum except both men were more vulnerable to each others punches and it was way more brutal.

Comment

• Khaokor Galaxy-Duk-Hwan Bae

Rd.1-Galaxy
        Rd.2-Galaxy
        Rd.3-Galaxy (KO)

A very one-sided fight, Khaokor in more aggressive fashion then usual walked down Bae the whole fight. The first round was slow but in the second Khaokor pushed forward and found his range quickly though he didn't neccesarily tee off, he just picked at him with right hooks and left crosses. Most of what was thrown by Bae was picked off or slipped but what did land just bounced off the head of Khaokor. The third round came about and about a minute or so into it Khaokor scored with some left uppercuts that put Bae down for the count.

Khaokor Galaxy-Constancio Dangla

Rd.1-Galaxy
        Rd.2-Galaxy
        Rd.3-Galaxy
        Rd.4-Galaxy (KO)

A better fight than the last one, Dangla put up a much more spirited effort then Bae but in the end was just overwhelmed by everything that Khaokor was doing. The first was a feeling out round without much happening but in the second both men opened up a little more and both started banging hard shots to each other's bodies. Khaokor straight left was landing well and often but the scrappy Filipino was firing back quite a bit, even landing a hard right cross/hook in the third that momentarily stopped Galaxy's momentum. Khaokor came back though in end of the third to hurt Dangla with a left and in the fourth he put the brave Filipino down three times to have the fight stopped.

Gaby Canizales-Miguel “Happy” Lora

Rd.1-Lora
        Rd.2-Canizales (KO!!)

I really love watching this, one of the best comeback KO's in history IMO. The first round was a feeling out round, Lora using that odd jab where he twists to the left then throws it while leaning over while Canizales plugs forward throwing jabs mostly but missing for the most part. In the second Lora lands a long left hook that drops Canizales for the first time in his career. He gets up and moves to the ropes with Lora in hot pursuit and Happy starts opening up on him somewhat recklessly. Gaby picks off and slips the punches effectively and lands a perfectly timed, picture perfect left hook that drops Lora HARD (also the first time in Lora's career he had tasted the canvas). Lora gets up on very unsteady legs and Gaby goes in for the kill using his right hand to knock Lora through the ropes and end the fight. This fight also marks the only time that two brothers held championships in the same division.

Comment

• Joseph Agbeko vs Wladimir Sidorenko

1. Sidorenko, 10-9
          There wasn’t much in the round as both guys did a pretty good job picking off shots, but I think Sidorenko nicks by finishing the round stronger. He lands a decent left and right near the end.

2. Agbeko, 10-9
          Agebko outworks and outlands Sidorenko in this round. Both guys are working the body well on the inside. However, since Agbeko is leaning in and staying on the inside with Sidorenko, he’s getting countered every now and then and when he backs up with his hands down.

3. Agebko, 10-9
          Again, Agbeko outworks and outlands Sidorenko. However, as the round progressed, Sidorenko started backing off a little and tried to box form the outside a bit more. He’s realizing that on the inside, Agbeko is doing the better work.

4. Agbeko, 10-9
          Agebko outworks and outland Sidorenko again. This round was a bit closer as Sidorenko did better from the outside, but eventuals goes back to work on the inside where Agbeko is owning him.

5. Sidorenko, 10-9
          A close round, but I feel Sidorenko edged it. Sidorenko went on the inside less, and stalked Agbeko more, having success pushing him back. Sidorenko landed some nice counters and landed some nice shots to the body. Agbeko was less active this round, but still got his in.

6. Agbeko, 10-9
          Agbeko takes the round. Agbeko landed the cleaner punches and outworked Sidorenko on the inside. Sidorenko is doing better when trying to stalk at a distance that he desires, but he is no means dictating the fight from there. Still, it’s the best option for him to take, as Agbeko is too busy for on the inside.

7. Agebko, 10-9
          Agebko completely outworks and outlands Sidorenko. Sidorenko is finding it ppretty difficult to deal with Agbeko. Agbeko has a weird body rhythm and is constantly throwing and due to Sidorenko’s high guard, is unable to effectively slip and counter. He just block and partially blocks a lot and comes back with the odd counter.

8. Agbeko, 10-9
          Sidorenko, made it a close round down the stretch, but I feel that Agbeko still edged it. When Sidorenko boxes with Agbeko, it cuts down on Agbeko’s work rate and he gives himself a better chance to land his own shots. It’s what he needs to do. Still though, when he attacks from a distance, he sometimes ends up on the inside after throwing his punches.

9. Agbeko, 10-9
          Agbeko outlands and outworks Sidorenko in this round.

10. Agbeko, 10-9
          More of the same again. Sidorenko was doing fairly well in the round, landing some nice shots, but that ‘woke up’ Agbeko. He hit incoming Sidorenko with a solid right hand and outworked him for the rest of the round.

11. Sidorenko, 10-9
          Sidorenko came with the same game plan, but he let his hands go more and I thought that he landed the cleaner shots. May be a bit kind to give him this round.

12. Sidorenko, 10-9
          It was pretty close round as both tried to win it, but Agbeko looked tired towards the end and Sidorenko was able to land the cleaner punches.

A pretty poor decision, IMO. This fight mirrored Pacquiao-Clottey (I scored this fight prior to the undercard) in that while Sidorenko probably connected at a high percenatge, he was getting completely outworked and Agbeko was landing a fair share himself.

When on the inside, Agbeko was doing his best work, throwing and landing. Due to his high guard, Sidorenko was forced to block, then counter. So, he was getting swamped with with shots only to fire back a few. When he boxed from a distance, he was able to slow down Agbeko and force a more tactical fight. Sidorenko was doing better in these instances, but after he'd finish throwing, he'd often end up on the inside, facing the same problems.

As I said before, I thought it was poor decision. I don't see how you can really give Sidorenko more than four, maybe five rounds. Six or nine as two judged gave him? GTFO.

Comment

• Cristian Mijares-Jose Navarro

Rd.1-Mijares
            Rd.2-Mijares (close)
            Rd.3-Navarro
            Rd.4-Mijares
            Rd.5-Mijares
            Rd.6-Navarro (close)
            Rd.7-Navarro (close)
            Rd.8-Navarro
            Rd.9-Mijares (very close)
            Rd.10-Navarro
            Rd.11-Mijares
            Rd.12-Mijares

It's been awhile since I last watched this fight, scored it a little closer this time. Superlative boxing performance from Mijares and a gutsy performance by Navarro and a tough fight to score just because of the output from both men and neither man landed all that cleanly on each other. Almost all of the rounds I scored for Navarro it was because he basically outhustled Mijares. Mijares best weapon in this fight was his southpaw jab which he use to beat Navarro to the punch with often in the first six rounds. Navarro made it a little closer in the last six basically because Mijares chose to fight closer than previously and allowed him to get his punches in more frequently. Very close fight all the way through but Mijares was the better fighter and deserving winner. Not a great fight but fun too watch if you enjoy good pure boxing matches.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadows View Post
              Joseph Agbeko vs Wladimir Sidorenko

1. Sidorenko, 10-9
              There wasn’t much in the round as both guys did a pretty good job picking off shots, but I think Sidorenko nicks by finishing the round stronger. He lands a decent left and right near the end.

2. Agbeko, 10-9
              Agebko outworks and outlands Sidorenko in this round. Both guys are working the body well on the inside. However, since Agbeko is leaning in and staying on the inside with Sidorenko, he’s getting countered every now and then and when he backs up with his hands down.

3. Agebko, 10-9
              Again, Agbeko outworks and outlands Sidorenko. However, as the round progressed, Sidorenko started backing off a little and tried to box form the outside a bit more. He’s realizing that on the inside, Agbeko is doing the better work.

4. Agbeko, 10-9
              Agebko outworks and outland Sidorenko again. This round was a bit closer as Sidorenko did better from the outside, but eventuals goes back to work on the inside where Agbeko is owning him.

5. Sidorenko, 10-9
              A close round, but I feel Sidorenko edged it. Sidorenko went on the inside less, and stalked Agbeko more, having success pushing him back. Sidorenko landed some nice counters and landed some nice shots to the body. Agbeko was less active this round, but still got his in.

6. Agbeko, 10-9
              Agbeko takes the round. Agbeko landed the cleaner punches and outworked Sidorenko on the inside. Sidorenko is doing better when trying to stalk at a distance that he desires, but he is no means dictating the fight from there. Still, it’s the best option for him to take, as Agbeko is too busy for on the inside.

7. Agebko, 10-9
              Agebko completely outworks and outlands Sidorenko. Sidorenko is finding it ppretty difficult to deal with Agbeko. Agbeko has a weird body rhythm and is constantly throwing and due to Sidorenko’s high guard, is unable to effectively slip and counter. He just block and partially blocks a lot and comes back with the odd counter.

8. Agbeko, 10-9
              Sidorenko, made it a close round down the stretch, but I feel that Agbeko still edged it. When Sidorenko boxes with Agbeko, it cuts down on Agbeko’s work rate and he gives himself a better chance to land his own shots. It’s what he needs to do. Still though, when he attacks from a distance, he sometimes ends up on the inside after throwing his punches.

9. Agbeko, 10-9
              Agbeko outlands and outworks Sidorenko in this round.

10. Agbeko, 10-9
              More of the same again. Sidorenko was doing fairly well in the round, landing some nice shots, but that ‘woke up’ Agbeko. He hit incoming Sidorenko with a solid right hand and outworked him for the rest of the round.

11. Sidorenko, 10-9
              Sidorenko came with the same game plan, but he let his hands go more and I thought that he landed the cleaner shots. May be a bit kind to give him this round.

12. Sidorenko, 10-9
              It was pretty close round as both tried to win it, but Agbeko looked tired towards the end and Sidorenko was able to land the cleaner punches.

A pretty poor decision, IMO. This fight mirrored Pacquiao-Clottey (I scored this fight prior to the undercard) in that while Sidorenko probably connected at a high percenatge, he was getting completely outworked and Agbeko was landing a fair share himself.

When on the inside, Agbeko was doing his best work, throwing and landing. Due to his high guard, Sidorenko was forced to block, then counter. So, he was getting swamped with with shots only to fire back a few. When he boxed from a distance, he was able to slow down Agbeko and force a more tactical fight. Sidorenko was doing better in these instances, but after he'd finish throwing, he'd often end up on the inside, facing the same problems.

As I said before, I thought it was poor decision. I don't see how you can really give Sidorenko more than four, maybe five rounds. Six or nine as two judged gave him? GTFO.

Cheers Shadows, im gonna have to watch this now Lol.

Mora vs Povetkin

Round 1 Povetkin 10/8

Not much happened early but Povetkin managed to drop
              Mora with a leaping left hook, Povetkin showed good
              poise and threw accurate shots when he had Mora pinned on
              the ropes instead of getting wild.

Round 2 Povetkin 10/8

Povetkin dropped Mora again in this round

Round 3 Povetkin

Povetkin more active this round and countered better in
              this round to, showed good headmovement to avoid punches
              when inside letting his hands go

Round 4 Mora

Mora was more active this round and managed to get through
              Povetkin's defence when he laid inside, Povetkin had a decent
              finish but not enough to take the round imo

Round 5 Povetkin came out landed the leaping left early and
              followed up dropping Mora with a combination as the ref
              waved it off when he hit the canvas.

As i noted in Povetkin's last fight against Nolan you can see the subtle changes
              Teddy Atlas has made, whether it be effective against better opponents is still to be
              tested, Povetkin is moving his head more, fighting more patiently, showing good speed and
              putting his punches together nicely, but as i said you have to factor in who he is
              doing it against, lets see if he can be effective that way against a quality opponent.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marco Huck vs Richards.

Round 1 Richards (kind)

Richards was more active, dictated the pace and went to the
              body whilst Huck was largely inactive.

Round 2 Huck

Huck came alive this round as he landed a serious of right hands
              as he let them go with wreckless abandon.

Round 3 Richards tried to pressure Huck but caught a serious
              of right hand counters for his trouble, one of the right hands
              earlier in the round seem to catch him on top of the head, that had him down,
              however
              he managed to get up and fight on but he went back into
              the danger zone and got nailed again with a number of right
              hands, he was eventually put down again and the ref stopped the fight, well
              fell on top of him Lol.

Huck never changes, wild wreckless, poor technique, fights in spots and almost
              never fails to respond when he gets caught with a hard punch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post

Mora vs Povetkin

Round 1 Povetkin 10/8

Round 2 Povetkin 10/8

Round 3 Povetkin

Round 4 Mora

As i noted in Povetkin's last fight against Nolan you can see the subtle changes
                Teddy Atlas has made, whether it be effective against better opponents is still to be
                tested, Povetkin is moving his head more, fighting more patiently, showing good speed and
                putting his punches together nicely, but as i said you have to factor in who he is
                doing it against, lets see if he can be effective that way against a quality opponent.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marco Huck vs Richards.

Round 1 Richards (kind)

Round 2 Huck

however
                fell on top of him Lol.

Nice, looking forward to seeing your card.

On a side note, I can't wait for my laptop to arrive.

Comment

• Last night i watched winky wright vs steve foster, foster was game but winky had far to many tools for him and stopped him with body shots, winky then called for a terry norris fight

Comment

• Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post

Mora vs Povetkin

Round 1 Povetkin 10/8

Round 2 Povetkin 10/8

Round 3 Povetkin

Round 4 Mora

Marco Huck vs Richards.

Round 1 Richards (kind)

Round 2 Huck

however
                    fell on top of him Lol.

Just watched the 1990 126 pound war between Marcos Villasana and Paul Hodkinson. I had Hodkinson winning every round until the 8th, when his badly swollen eyes got to the point where he could not see. After going down late in the round, Hodkinson told referee Arthur Mercante he could no longer see, forcing Mercante to stop the fight. A BRUTAL AND ACTION PACKED FIGHT!!!!!!!

Comment

• James Kirkland vs. Russell Jordon

1. 10-8 Kirkland (lol)

Comment

Working...
                      X