Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recently watched Leonard - Hagler and Barkley - Duran.

I had it :

Leonard 114 - Hagler 114
    Barkley 113 - Duran 114

Comment

• Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
      What fight did you watch recently/last night ?

This morning i had it on my mind to watch and score the Witherspoon vs Holmes fight so that is what i did. Ive just watched Douglas vs Tucker (boring as hell) and Tyson vs Pinklon Thomas.

What fight did you watch recently or today?
      Yesterday I watched Hopkins-Trinidad...

This is really a masterpiece... the fight was a little different then I remember...

Trinidad really wanted to win but he ain't had the tools... the 10th round was baaaaaaaaaaaaaad... he let everything and tried everything in there.

Even though MW isn't Trinidad's best weight... he was still prime and wanted it bad... but Hopkins was too good... the punches he throws coming in are so good and so hard to defend... because the way he comes in you espect something different and he knew exactly what Trinidad thought which punch was coming.

The knockout shot was a thing of beauty as well...

Comment

• David Estrada vs Andre Berto
        Good fight Estrada was losing rounds but was tagging Berto at times

Comment

• Just watched Hagler's last match with Sugar Ray Seales. Seales an olympian is a sad story. I wonder if his manager knew what a monster Hagler had become when they signed that fight.

Comment

• I watched Bowe-Golota fights.

Comment

• Ken Norton vs Jimmy Young.

There were clearly three stages in the fight, early on Young dominated, then Norton started to come back, and late in the fight Young himself made a comeback. Difficult fight to score considering both of their awkward styles. Young may have won his rounds more clearly but he allowed Norton to outwork him in too many since Norton was given the split decision nod.

Norton vs Randall 'Tex' Cobb

Norton was washed up and fought mostly off the ropes, but he displayed great stamina and power still. Cobb displayed an unbelievable granite-like chin that absorbed Norton's wild haymakers as if they were nothing. Norton came up big in the last round and battered Cobb from pillar to post but was unable to knock him down. He won a deserved split decision in a great fight.

Carlos Monzon vs Tom Bogs

Bogs was a skilled boxer and he made Monzon's jab miss often while scoring with his own counter punches, although Monzon picked off many. Monzon however piled up the punishment and started getting to Bogs with right hands and combinations. Eventually in the 5th round, Monzon started connecting with regularity and stunned Bogs who was only kept up by the ropes. The referee gave him an 8-count but it was not enough for Bogs to recover as Monzon landed a big right hand that knocked Bogs down again. Bogs was unnecessarily down two more times from Monzon's blows until the fight was finally stopped by the referee.

Bennie Briscoe vs Eugene 'Cyclone' Hart II

The two had fought to a draw earlier and were matched up again to determine who was Philadelphia's best middleweight. Briscoe, as usual, was the stalker while Hart was winging punches from his heels trying to score an early KO. The tables turned when Briscoe unloaded a series of straight lefts and rights while Hart was trapped against the ropes. Hart took a few while he was seemingly unconscious and was flattened in a single round. Briscoe was then overcome with joy as he jumped up and down and pounded the canvas, dealing it more damage than he probably had on Eugene Hart.
              Last edited by TheGreatA; 01-11-2010, 06:39 PM.

Comment

• Gene Fullmer vs Benny`kid`Paret... brilliant & brutal fight

Comment

• where did you find the douglas verse tucker fight

Comment

• i watched pete rademacher vs floyd patterson where the olympic gold medalist rademacher tried to make history by winning the heavweight championship on his pro debut , talk about easing yourself into the pro fight game!

Comment

• James Toney against Merqui Sosa. Both were undefeated and Sosa was pretty good. But Toney was better and so hard to hit.

Comment

Working...
                      X