Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I enjoy watching Douglas vs Tyson with different commentators.

Douglas having the upper hand from the opening bell, but it takes
    them (the commentators) so many rounds before they actually realize
    that Tyson is in trouble.

Sometimes our expectations make us blind to what is really happening.

Comment

• Nigel Benn vs. Gerald McClellan...very sad outcome (I wish I hadn't watched it now).
      LITTLE JOE LITTLE JOE likes this.

Comment

• watched hagler Duran.... and then duran leonard in montreal

Comment

• Finally watched Mancini vs Arguello. Not as good as I was hoping and struggling to see why it's on the 1000 greatest boxing fights you must watch thread. A bit boring if I'm being honest.

Comment

• Mohammed Ali vs Chuck Wepner. Great fight, not so much the captain's commentary, he missed all of Wepner's rabbit punches, but James Brown and Red Foxx were hilarious.

Comment

• Watched Hagler vs Mugabi. I'm surprised this fight isn't as popular as the Hagler Hearns fight. This was a gruelling, painful fight and Hagler at his angriest - what a climax! Mugabi was awesome too.

Comment

• Watched Lewis v Mercer, that was a good scrap, as a fan of Lennox I think he was lucky to get the win. Mercer was on top form and his chin is legendary but he rattled Lewis with so many right handers.... Lots of close rounds, no clear winner but probably worth a a rematch from a fans perspective back then. Worth a look!
                siablo14 siablo14 likes this.

Comment

• Last fight I saw was a replay of Sugar Ray v Macho man. I rate Sugar Ray as my favourite boxer so it was tragic to see him beaten up by Hector Camacho. Camacho was a fine fighter with lightning speed but wouldn't have coped with Leonard in his pomp. So sad to see great fighters who are shot but carry on. Sad to watch, similar to Ali v Berbick.

Comment

• Originally posted by Inter Beer View Post
                    Watched Lewis v Mercer, that was a good scrap, as a fan of Lennox I think he was lucky to get the win. Mercer was on top form and his chin is legendary but he rattled Lewis with so many right handers.... Lots of close rounds, no clear winner but probably worth a a rematch from a fans perspective back then. Worth a look!
                    I had it a draw, and that's a fight that I think Lewis does show a few limitations as a fighter. Lacking the adaptability to go up a level when needed.

Comment

• Not sure about that. Lewis fought the best around and beat them all, Bowe ducked him, not Lewis's fault. He raised his game plenty of times, not least when he stopped Ruddock, first fight v Holyfield, his rematch revenge wins etc. I think he sometimes seemed a bit under motivated in fights like v Bruno, Rahman and McCall when he got sloppy. I think the Mercer fight is one of those times.

Comment

Working...
                      X