X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
    Cotto v Mayorga............Rockin'
    Watched a few cotto fights recently. Cotto vs Mosley, Judah, Quintana, Torres. He went right through Quintana...great performance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
      Watched a few cotto fights recently. Cotto vs Mosley, Judah, Quintana, Torres. He went right through Quintana...great performance.
      Quintana was supposed to be a real test of two up and coming fighters from what I remember.

Comment

• Watching Mayweather v Corrales tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
          Quintana was supposed to be a real test of two up and coming fighters from what I remember.
          Yea, it was a battle of Puerto Rico. Quintana just beat Joel Julio, who was a highly regarded puncher and undefeated prospect at the time.

Even after getting steamrolled by cotto, Quintana went on to beat Paul Williams a couple fights later. That was an underrated win for cotto.

Comment

Yea, it was a battle of Puerto Rico. Quintana just beat Joel Julio, who was a highly regarded puncher and undefeated prospect at the time.

Even after getting steamrolled by cotto, Quintana went on to beat Paul Williams a couple fights later. That was an underrated win for cotto.
            I had forgotten Quintana beat Williams. That was right after Williams had beaten Margarito, a fight that really put him on the map. Absolutely an underrated win for Cotto. That was a top notch win for him at that point of his career.

Comment

• Watched some Lennox Lewis...

Vs McCall 1&2
              Vs mavrovic
              Vs Briggs
              Vs mercer

I had forgotten McCall basically called the shot he ko’d him with in the corner before the round. What a meltdown in the rematch...never ceases to be surreal, no matter how many times I see it.

Mavrovic had a few moments in the fight, Lewis was supposed to blow the guy out. Mavrovic came in undefeated but never fought again afterward. He had a couple scheduled fights that were cancelled due to injury and eventually retired due to an undisclosed illness...wonder what the story is there.

Lewis walked right through Briggs. Got buzzed by a shot behind the head in the first round which seemed to wake him up cuz he putting a beating on Briggs after that. Cappuccino, who was usually a good ref, stopped the fight when Briggs went down without being hit.

Mercer has some dog in him...that and his good chin forced Lennox to dig deep. Interesting that they won gold in the same Olympics with mercer being quite a bit older. That was lennox’s second Olympics too I think.

Comment

• - -Ol'dog vs New dog Ioka vs heavily favored Tanaka, and indeed, ol'git looked ****e the first 4 til his left hook found a home on Kid Tanka chin.

Ah so, say sayonara!

Comment

• Holyfield vs Cooper
                  Mccallum vs Jackson

Comment

He had a couple scheduled fights that were cancelled due to injury and eventually retired due to an undisclosed illness...wonder what the story is there..
                    It was a liver disease (severe bacterial infection as I recall), but his strict vegan nutrition during that time didn’t do him any favor also. He lost 25 kg (55 lbs) shortly after the retirement. In a 2016 interview he even said that it would be his last fight even if he did won
                    After a long recovery and some failed business attempts, he announced a comeback in 2012, but broke a rib/injured a knee in the preparations and called it a day for good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Samokries View Post
                      It was a liver disease (severe bacterial infection as I recall), but his strict vegan nutrition during that time didn’t do him any favor also. He lost 25 kg (55 lbs) shortly after the retirement. In a 2016 interview he even said that it would be his last fight even if he did won
                      After a long recovery and some failed business attempts, he announced a comeback in 2012, but broke a rib/injured a knee in the preparations and called it a day for good.
                      Dang...that’s rough. It seemed odd to me that a guy would call it quits after getting a title shot and lasting the distance.

Comment

Working...
                      X