This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeffries vs Ruhlin
    There is a restored version available. Still very poor quality but you can see Jeffries in his prime in action. He actually throws a nice triple hook and crumbles the challenger with a brutal hook to the body.

Comment

• Toney-Tiberi

horrible decision!

Good interview with Tiberi about it here, says he would've taken the rematch if he was allowed to enter the ring as 'champion', which obviously didn't happen, and Tiberi never fought again... http://www.doghouseboxing.com/Newman/Newman021704.htm

Comment

• Toney-Wolfe

good solid win for Toney, who uses his feet well, stepping off

Comment

• Re watched Leonard duran 1 for the first time in ages. Great fight.

Think I'm going to watch all the fab 4 fights while boxing is weak at the moment

Comment

• Originally posted by tophat1 View Post
            Re watched Leonard duran 1 for the first time in ages. Great fight.

Think I'm going to watch all the fab 4 fights while boxing is weak at the moment
            - -Highly recommended!

Comment

• Toney-Stackhouse

Toney-McCallum II

McCallum in the post-fight interview: "Right now I'm so disappointed, you know what I mean? It's one thing when you fight, you give it your best, and you're beaten fair. But 116-110, that's ridiculous." Says it all really

Comment

• Toney-DeWitt

Sad ending to a good career for Doug... "I got nothing left"

Comment

• Toney-Barkley

Toney takes Barkley to school. Incidentally, I thought Barkley's trainer was giving trash instructions, 'Show him what you're made of, keep up the pressure' etc. Reminded me of the Plant-Uzcategui fight, where Uzcategui's corner gave him zero options to work with. Or, even worse, Tunde's so-called "instructions" to Yarde against Kovalev. At a certain point, a fighter needs actual instructions, not just hyping up. Toney was delivering a beat-down, and all Barkley's trainer can say is, 'You got this!' smh. Bill Miller, on the other hand, gives pointed advice, such as hitting with the right uppercut--"it's right there"--and to follow it up with a left. And you can actually see Toney take this on board

Comment

• Originally posted by HeadBodyBodyBody View Post
                    Toney-Barkley

Toney takes Barkley to school. Incidentally, I thought Barkley's trainer was giving trash instructions, 'Show him what you're made of, keep up the pressure' etc. Reminded me of the Plant-Uzcategui fight, where Uzcategui's corner gave him zero options to work with. Or, even worse, Tunde's so-called "instructions" to Yarde against Kovalev. At a certain point, a fighter needs actual instructions, not just hyping up. Toney was delivering a beat-down, and all Barkley's trainer can say is, 'You got this!' smh. Bill Miller, on the other hand, gives pointed advice, such as hitting with the right uppercut--"it's right there"--and to follow it up with a left. And you can actually see Toney take this on board
                    That's a great fight.

I watched Fury/Wilder II, again.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                      That's a great fight.

I watched Fury/Wilder II, again.
                      haha how many times have you seen that fight now? It's a classic for sure. maybe fight of the year?

Comment

Working...
                      X