X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oscar/Sweet Pea

Comment

• I watched Alexander/Maidana. I saw it the night it happened but I don't remember Alexander beating him so bad. Then to see what he did to Broner. It makes no sense. I can't imagine Maidana winning a round against Mayweather.

Comment

• Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
        I watched Alexander/Maidana. I saw it the night it happened but I don't remember Alexander beating him so bad. Then to see what he did to Broner. It makes no sense. I can't imagine Maidana winning a round against Mayweather.
        It only makes no sense if you think in binary terms, what does one fight have to do with the other? Maidana is a different fighter with a different trainer, and Devon and Floyd are not alike in style or methods of navigating through a fight. This has the potential to be Floyds toughest fight yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
          I watched Alexander/Maidana. I saw it the night it happened but I don't remember Alexander beating him so bad. Then to see what he did to Broner. It makes no sense. I can't imagine Maidana winning a round against Mayweather.
          Floyd is going to win that fight 12-0. I'd bet on it. Seeing the Alexander fight convinced me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
            Floyd is going to win that fight 12-0. I'd bet on it. Seeing the Alexander fight convinced me.
            Another one. As if one fight has any bearing on the other.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
              Another one. As if one fight has any bearing on the other.
              If Devon Alexander badly outclassed Maidana, how the **** does that not indicate that Floyd won't just toy with him? Are you saying that looking at other fights doesn't give you insight into future ones?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                If Devon Alexander badly outclassed Maidana, how the **** does that not indicate that Floyd won't just toy with him? Are you saying that looking at other fights doesn't give you insight into future ones?
                Not in the sense you are using it, no. That's about as close to a triangle theory as you can get, and triangle theories are as flawed as you can get. It's a really simple analysis, and a weak one.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                  Not in the sense you are using it, no. That's about as close to a triangle theory as you can get, and triangle theories are as flawed as you can get. It's a really simple analysis, and a weak one.
                  No, it's not a triangle theory to say that Maidana can't handle a top level boxer. He was outclassed against Alexander and he looked like crap against Corley. And their skills aren't nearly on the level of Mayweather. I'd be delighted if I'm wrong (I like MM), but Maidana isn't going to play Floyd the way he did Broner. I hate to say it, but a Khan fight would have been more intriguing. At this point in his career speed is a bigger threat to Mayweather than power.

Comment

• Ingemar Johansson vs Floyd Patterson.. all three great fights

Comment

• Jesse Burnett vs. Victor Galindez 2

Comment

Working...
                      X