Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paul Williams-Winky Wright last night, oh my, Floyd Mayweather would never dared to get into the ring with the punisher.

Comment

i watched pernell whitaker v freddie pendleton.

Comment

Originally posted by 1SILVA View Post
        Just watched Ali-Frazier III for the 100th time on ESPN Classic. The beating Joe took in rounds 13 and 14th was barbaric. What f@@@@@in heart!!!!! Kudo to Futch for stopping it. frazier could have died that night as he was all but blind.
        Originally posted by oldgringo View Post
        watched dokes/holyfield on classic awhile back. i consider dokes to be a massive waste of talent, much like ike ibeabuchi. i'm not one that thinks either guy would have been some great, long-reigning champ or anything, but both guys has very well rounded skill sets for large men. ike the headcase and dokes the cokehead. sad.

watched nelson/fenech II for the 100th time on youtube awhile back. zoom was spot on in that one....what a left hook he had! what a great little fighter. awesome boxing ability and thumping power that could leave any opponent crippled if they weren't careful. it's crazy that he was so thoroughly beaten by pernell whitaker even though he such an accomplished fighter himself.
        Originally posted by Richie-G View Post
        i watched pernell whitaker v freddie pendleton.
        frazier could have died that night as he was all but blind.

Yeah, the crazy thing is Joe had that much heart he was prepared to push himself that far wasn't he, tons of heart.

I also liked Dokes, he was a talented fighter with nice hand speed good defensive skill, great! fight with Holyfield, thats probably my fav Holyfield fight after Bowe 1.

Pendleton's right hand kept him in that fight imo, it was the only punch he was able to land, he kept catching Whitaker on the tail end of that right hand, good fight though that.

Comment

Saw Michael Moorer vs Alex Stewart. Moorer was such an exciting fighter when trained by Steward. Stewart gave Moorer, Holyfiled and Foreman hell

Comment

Mosley vs de la Hoya II.

Comment

I haven't hardly been watching many old fights recently, which is **** but someone posted the Duran - Moore fight on NSB so decided to watch that fight yesterday and Duran - Benitez.

I found this old article about the Benitez fight what I found funny was them stating its a safe bet that duran will never be paid to box again.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...5209/index.htm

Comment

ali - foreman

Comment

De Marco vs Alfaro
                  Agbeko vs Perez, if you have not seen this fight watch is please!!

If you dont watch another fight this year, watch this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
                    De Marco vs Alfaro
                    Agbeko vs Perez, if you have not seen this fight watch is please!!

If you dont watch another fight this year, watch this fight.
                    The Agbeko-Perez is in my top five fights of the year

Comment

• Jean Pascal-Adrian Diaconu: This was my favorite fight of the year so far, I like to watch both of these guys fight, Diaconu the come forward banger and Pascal the flashy guy who likes to mix it up. Pascal worked his right hand brilliantly in that fight, he would throw a cross, uppercut and hook with it all in a row. That was just a great fight, lots of intensity.

Carlos Monzon-Granien Tonna: Wasn't a great fight, Tonna was a real sloppy guy, real wide punches. The pattern of the fight would Monzon would fight in the middle jabbing Tonna, then Tonna would bull him into the ropes, Monzon would lean way back and block the punches with his arms and eventually tie him up. In the fifth round Monzon hurts Tonna with a bodyshot and as he turns away Monzon hits him behind the ear with a right but the ref counts him out anyway.

Comment

Working...
                      X