This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jabsRstiff View Post
    This fight is one of the strangest of all time. Lee was murdering Whittaker in front of Paul's hometown (I believe though that Lee was dropped twice himself)....but would hit Whittaker while he was down after each of the numerous knockdowns. What in the world was possessing Lee to do that?
    I always felt the same way about Terry Norris-Luis Santana. Especially since Norris did it in two different fights he was clearly winning.

Comment

• Pipino Cuevas-Pete Ranzany

Thomas Hearns-vs Bruce Curry

I thought Hearns win over Curry was one of his most impressive but overlooked fights at 147.

Comment

• Wilfred Benitez vs Bruce Curry 1 - Poor decision here, Benitez was down twice in the fourth round and once in the fifth, and looked one good punch away from being stopped. They didnt take away any points for knockdowns in the scoring those days, and scored the fights on a round by round basis, but even then Curry should have nicked it. If it was being scored today those three knockdowns in Curry's favour would have seen him run away with the fight and score a big upset.

Judging aside it was a great fight, lots of action and punches landed right from the off, which is a bit unusual in a Benitez fight, whos known as a defensive genius. Its it isnt talked about more.

Comment

• Chavez Jr. vs Rubio
          rewatched it last week

Comment

• Pernell Whitaker vs Buddy McGirt 1

Comment

• Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
              Pipino Cuevas-Pete Ranzany

Thomas Hearns-vs Bruce Curry

I thought Hearns win over Curry was one of his most impressive but overlooked fights at 147.
              Cuevas giving one serious display of raw, two-fisted punching power against Ranzany.

Comment

• Roberto Duran vs Ken Buchanan

Comment

• Stevie Johnston vs. Jose Luis Castillo 2

Comment

• I was just watching Marvelous Marvin Hagler vs John ''The Beast'' Mugabi.
                    I still can't belive that Marvelous took those shot from a puncher like Mugabi.

This fight is really in my top 3 favorites.

Comment

• mcguigan vs pedroza
                      benn vs eubank II

Comment

Working...
                      X