No announcement yet.

Chester hughes had Wilder power

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chester hughes had Wilder power

Do you guys remember him? He's even stronger than Wilder.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=244G6g...1lciBlcg%3D%3D

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yUJG3c...doZXMgYm94aW5n

Originally posted by automaton89 View Post
    I hadn't heard of him but watched the videos you posted and looked him up on boxrec. He may have been stronger than Wilder, but I don't think he was a harder puncher. My reasoning being he never knocked out a top tier fighter. Wilder wasn't a very good fighter early in his career (still isn't that good from a technical standpoint) but his power has carried with him at every level. Maybe Hughes could have been a better puncher and just didn't stick around, I don't know. He was fun to watch in those videos though.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

I hadn't heard of him but watched the videos you posted and looked him up on boxrec. He may have been stronger than Wilder, but I don't think he was a harder puncher. My reasoning being he never knocked out a top tier fighter. Wilder wasn't a very good fighter early in his career (still isn't that good from a technical standpoint) but his power has carried with him at every level. Maybe Hughes could have been a better puncher and just didn't stick around, I don't know. He was fun to watch in those videos though.
      He had tougher era, and he may not have the same timing skill

Comment

Physics matters man. He's got power but if you want him to hit like Wilder he has to load more. He's standing a bit tall and uncompressed, can't possibly hit as hard as Wilder like that.

Look into kinematic chains if you want to understand Wilder.
        Slugfester Slugfester likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
          Physics matters man. He's got power but if you want him to hit like Wilder he has to load more. He's standing a bit tall and uncompressed, can't possibly hit as hard as Wilder like that.

Look into kinematic chains if you want to understand Wilder.
          He punched from his hip against sefo

Comment

Working...
          X