Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which weight class GOAT out distances their class the most?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Willie Pep 229 View Post

Yea OK. That's how I tried to answer. I couldn't upstand some of the answers.

As great as SRR and Greb were they didn't dominate, which they did, to some extent, but not by a great margin. They had competition. They even lost a bunch.

Anyway those answers threw me off task.

P.S. Do you think Ezzard Charles dominates Tunney, Greb, Spinks, ETC by the largest margin? I don't.
    I don't think Charles is that far ahead, but I do have him as the best at 175. I took a minute to look at some of the ratings of the IBRO. They go by votes with point values for each place. While I didn't going thru the anything under featherweight, it appeared at a quick glance Willie Pep had the furthest lead against his peers. That doesn't necessarily make it so for the purpose of this thread, but I did find it interesting. This was a great question, but it's as subjective as p4p.
    Willie Pep 229 Willie Pep 229 likes this.

Comment

Usyk at cruiserweight.

Comment

Originally posted by Willie Pep 229 View Post

Yea OK. That's how I tried to answer. I couldn't upstand some of the answers.

As great as SRR and Greb were they didn't dominate, which they did, to some extent, but not by a great margin. They had competition. They even lost a bunch.

Anyway those answers threw me off task.

P.S. Do you think Ezzard Charles dominates Tunney, Greb, Spinks, ETC by the largest margin? I don't.
        When Jab mentioned Charles My interpretation was not necessarily that he was better but that you couldn't necessarily say that Tunney was so much better. I definitely agree with this. I might make a case for Charles or Tunney but saying that there was a vast chasm between them no way that I can think of to make that case.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

Larry Holmes had consecutive defenses without losing. I personally think Ali and Joe are neck and neck.
          - - Tubster Lar who used to be skinny was a single belt holder in a corrupt boxing era, clearly never the Man and more mouse who couldn’t carry Rocky jock without dropping it on his feet’s.

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post

- - Tubster Lar who used to be skinny was a single belt holder in a corrupt boxing era, clearly never the Man and more mouse who couldn’t carry Rocky jock without dropping it on his feet’s.
            So by your reasoning of him being only a single belt champion we can take off 11 of Wlads defenses for only being WBO. We can also look at Holmes 12 defenses compared to Wlads 11 as lineal champion and Holmes 20 consecutive title defenses compared to Wlads 19. So try telling us again who was closest to Louis record again, ya drunk.

Comment

So by your reasoning of him being only a single belt champion we can take off 11 of Wlads defenses for only being WBO. We can also look at Holmes 12 defenses compared to Wlads 11 as lineal champion and Holmes 20 consecutive title defenses compared to Wlads 19. So try telling us again who was closest to Louis record again, ya drunk.
              - - Wlad had much trouble unifying the belts because of DKing, but did so anyway.

In turn King protected Lar from WBA and Norton rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post

- - Wlad had much trouble unifying the belts because of DKing, but did so anyway.

In turn King protected Lar from WBA and Norton rematch.
                You can't refute the facts. And you're wrong about Norton, as usual. He didn't get the rematch because he got starched by Shavers, who in turn got a title shot. Shavers-Norton was an elimination fight. Do your homework.
                Slugfester Slugfester likes this.

Comment

Hagler

Comment

I honestly don’t think there is an ATG who was so far ahead of everyone else in a respective weight class. Robinson at 147 is not leaps and bounds ahead of Leonard, Duran, Pacquiao, Griffith, Hearns, Napoles, Floyd or even Crawford. At 135 the competition is just as fierce; Duran, Armstrong, B. Leonard, Ike Williams, Sammy Angott, Beau Jack, Carlos Ortiz, and too many more to list. As great as Pep was, how far ahead was he from Saddler, Sanchez, Arguello, Barrera, Armstrong, Dundee?

Comment

You can't refute the facts. And you're wrong about Norton, as usual. He didn't get the rematch because he got starched by Shavers, who in turn got a title shot. Shavers-Norton was an elimination fight. Do your homework.
                      - - Lar rematch would've made them millions$$$. Add up the points, and Lar won by a squeak mouse 0.007% margin, but of course U too dummy to do or understand math.

Instead Lar ducked the rematch that Fans would flock to see to fight Evanglista on short notice in front of 5300 fans, whoooohoooo, what blubber loving fans like you wanted.

Comment

Working...
                      X