Carnera 22 lbs
    Marciano 13 lbs
    Foreman 13 lbs
    Louis 11 lbs
    lennox Lewis 10 lbs
    Duran 10 lbs
    Ali 6.7 lbs
    Fury 1.5 lbs (premature)
    Last edited by them_apples; 03-27-2024, 09:58 PM.

Liston I think we will never know.
    them_apples them_apples likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
      Iâll compile a list here and add to it as I go:
      Carnera 22 lbs
      Marciano 13 lbs
      Foreman 13 lbs
      Louis 11 lbs
      lennox Lewis 10 lbs
      Duran 10 lbs
      Ali 6.7 lbs
      Fury 1.5 lbs (premature)
      Do you have sources for
      Carnera?
      Foreman?
      Lewis?

Comment

Originally posted by Ivich View Post

Do you have sources for
        Carnera?
        Foreman?
        Lewis?
        Yes, Carnera and lennox you can simply google and will show up first page.

Foremans is from his autobiography

Comment

Yes, Carnera and lennox you can simply google and will show up first page.

Foremans is from his autobiography
          No weight in Foreman's autobiography.

There is no verified weight for Carnera.

The New European has "a reported 22lbs"

British Vintage Boxing at15lbs 8 ounces.

Italy Heritage at 17,63lbs
          Last edited by Ivich; 03-28-2024, 11:34 AM.

Comment

No weight in Foreman's autobiography.

There is no verified weight for Carnera.

The New European has 17.63lbs.

British Vintage Boxing at15lbs 8 ounces.
            this article says 22 lbs.

https://qctimes.com/primo-carnera/ar...s%20alarmingly.

remember citing stuff is great, but if this is how every conversation is gonna go down, ill start demanding the same from your own opinions!

that being said, I need to find foremans birthweight, on it.

even in the event where my source is wrong, the numbers you are posting are very high birth weights as well, and are still proving my point.

wether or not Marciano was 13-14 lbs it doesn’t really matter cause every figure that shows up state he was a very heavy baby and thats the main point.

Bundana said a claim of a 13 lb baby is absurd, saying the average was 6-7 lbs and went on to say he “laughed out loud”. he is clearly wrong here, we have boatloads of evidence to state these big heavies were also heavy babies. And a 13 lb baby is something very possible.
            Last edited by them_apples; 03-28-2024, 11:42 AM.

Comment

this article says 22 lbs.

https://qctimes.com/primo-carnera/ar...s%20alarmingly.

remember citing stuff is great, but if this is how every conversation is gonna go down, ill start demanding the same from your own opinions!

that being said, I need to find foremans birthweight, on it.

even in the event where my source is wrong, the numbers you are posting are very high birth weights as well, and are still proving my point.

wether or not Marciano was 13-14 lbs it doesn¢t really matter cause every figure that shows up state he was a very heavy baby and thats the main point.

Bundana said a claim of a 13 lb baby is absurd, saying the average was 6-7 lbs and went on to say he âlaughed out loudâ. he is clearly wrong here, we have boatloads of evidence to state these big heavies were also heavy babies. And a 13 lb baby is something very possible.
              Marciano nearly died when he was a baby,he contracted pneumonia.

Richard Bak's Louis book says he was 11 lbs at birth as does Louis himself.

I have been unable to find a verifiable source that Carnera was 22lbs, 2 other sources claim he was much lighter.
              I think Bundana said a 22lb claim for Carnera was absurd,and I myself would treat it with a great deal of scepticism, rather like Primo's managements claims for what he ate for breakfast, and his shoe size.

Carnera was often claimed to be 6'7" when in fact he was a quarter of an inch under 6'6",it's called promotion.
              You can ask me for sources anytime you like!

Remember it was you making all the claims not us,asking for primary sources for them is reasonable imo.
              Bottom line heavy baby, average weight baby,light baby is irrelevant to the quality of the adult fighter.
              Last edited by Ivich; 03-29-2024, 07:29 AM.

Comment

Marciano nearly died when he was a baby,he contracted pneumonia.

Richard Bak's Louis book says he was 11 lbs at birth as does Louis himself.

I have been unable to find a verifiable source that Carnera was 22lbs, 2 other sources claim he was much lighter.
                I think Bundana said a 22lb claim for Carnera was absurd,and I myself would treat it with a great deal of scepticism, rather like Primo's managements claims for what he ate for breakfast, and his shoe size.

Carnera was often claimed to be 6'7" when in fact he was a quarter of an inch under 6'6",it's called promotion.
                You can ask me for sources anytime you like!

Remember it was you making all the claims not us,asking for primary sources for them is reasonable imo.
                Bottom line heavy baby, average weight baby,light baby is irrelevant to the quality of the adult fighter.
                even in the event of 22 lbs being too high, all his other birthweights were very high.

I was making these claims but it didn’t need sourcing, my only point was talking about birthweight effecting a fighters health and vitality. My 2 observations were premature has more health issues and less vitality on average (according the stats, just google side effects) and likewise noticed when I read about great strong heavies they tended to have high birth weights. In the case of the very strongest I noticed it becomes higher.

We nailed down 3 great heavies : Louis, Marciano and Lennox. All 3 had high birth weights. I haven’t been able to find my Foreman source, but the number 13 has resonated with me for some reason. One thing I do remember is his mother did say when he was born he was a big baby. His direct words were “he big”

nobody said quality in regards to weight. I mentioned strength. Raw strength in fact is what I am going for. Of course light babies have become great boxers, strength is not the only attribute in boxing
                Last edited by them_apples; 03-29-2024, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X