No announcement yet.

25 years since Ike

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25 years since Ike

It's been 25 years since Ike Ibeabuchi decimated Chris Byrd by 5th round knockout in what would be his last fight. Had the president not lost his marbles how different would the 2000's era have been? I've generally see Iveabuchi as overrated. He looked brilliant, but he self destructed before he could fulfill his potential. But just for fun.....what would have happened if Ike had been able to fulfill that potential? Would the era have been drastically changed? Would he have been the dominant champion after Lewis? Maybe beat Lewis, Vits and Wlad?

Another sad story in boxing. He had the world in the palms of his hands and just pissed it away. I remember the fight with Byrd. I loved watching Byrd get KOFO. He reminds me of Lionel Butler. Lewis had little trouble with Butler and Tua and would beat Ike as well.

Comment

A man that degenerate would have eventually entered the ring out of shape and unprepared.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
        It's been 25 years since Ike Ibeabuchi decimated Chris Byrd by 5th round knockout in what would be his last fight. Had the president not lost his marbles how different would the 2000's era have been? I've generally see Iveabuchi as overrated. He looked brilliant, but he self destructed before he could fulfill his potential. But just for fun.....what would have happened if Ike had been able to fulfill that potential? Would the era have been drastically changed? Would he have been the dominant champion after Lewis? Maybe beat Lewis, Vits and Wlad?
        - - Ike was already LooneyTunes well before that fight. What if U was smarter?

Could you beat Looney Ike

Comment

Working...
        X