No announcement yet.

What went wrong for Trinidad?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1SILVA View Post
    Trinidad was never the same after the beating Hopkins gave him. Pacheco was a shill for latin fighters promoted by Don King, especially when he worked for Showtime. When Pacheco worked with Marv Albert on NBC, he was an excellent color commentator. He was so biased on Showtime that he was hard to listen to. I was glad when he finally retired. Him calling Trinidad the next SRR was a disgrace, and I'm Puerto Rican. Trinidad had a great career. Should have never came back after the whipping Bernard gave him.
    He wasn't the same as in his confidence was not as high as it was anymore. Hopkins broke him down systematically. You could tell Hopkins respected his power though. He kept his guard tight and moved around and boxed. He would at times hold his hands up and wait for Trinidad to throw a punch and he would counter on the same side that Trinidad threw a punch. That fight was a master piece.

Comment

Nothing went wrong. He just looked back against the greats, DLH, Hopkins, Winky & RJJ.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
        Nothing went wrong. He had a fine career and will be in the HOF. Yeah, he lost to Hopkins & Wright, it happens. He constantly tested himself against the best. Tito was aiming for Roy Jones, for godsake.
        yeah no ****..Tito was a beast!..

and Roy Jones woulda destroyed him

Comment

nothing went wrong with him hes old

Comment

Originally posted by Benncollinsaad View Post
            I was wondering about this as I watched his fight with Carr and Ferdie Pacheco calling him the next Sugar Ray Robinson. He did have a brilliant career to start with, with 40 straight wins, but after that first defeat it looked like he was not the same anymore. And then he made a glorious comeback against Mayorga, but then stranded again against Wright. That fight is a mystery to me. I know Wright is a great technician and a very awkward fighter, but Tito beat Whitaker and some other awkward fighters before.

So what did go wrong?
            Moving up in weight thats all.

Comment

Originally posted by EDD1 View Post
              wow Gibo, what did "a former boxer-promoter who fought DOWN the scale, and got his *ss beat. even losing to a 3 division lighter opponant, who made him QUIT" do to you man ???, go ahead man, its ok to talk about it, let it out
              i've been letting it out ED, exposing the fraud that he is.. sorry man, i just can't stand fakes!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by gibo View Post
                i've been letting it out ED, exposing the fraud that he is.. sorry man, i just can't stand fakes!!!!

Here you go man, im sure you seen this but just keep it near and take one every morning with your coffee and cigarrette

Comment

Originally posted by Cyse View Post
                  If I recall correctly and im not 100% sure but Erik Moales was trained by his dad his entire career untill the very end.

As for tito, he should've stayed at welter. Someone said this and it was right on "he moved up too fast".

What a great talent gone to waste. He was fun to watch
                  He couldn't stay at WW any longer. He was so drained when he fought. He was starving himself for 2yrs trying to make 147. He was literally killing himself to make 147. He should of went to 154 sooner than he did. They was alwasy talks about him fighting Terry Norris. But, he stayed at 147 just to fight Oscar.

Comment

Working...
                  X