No announcement yet.

Bodies!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr. Z View Post

Fury's style is to fight guys who can't fight, and use his size to clinch, maul his opponents, and foul them around the ring. This works vs. the Old, out of shape, and unranked guys. Though a few have exposed him in victory.

Fury is not Calzaghe. That guy hardly got hit ( Fury does get his quiet easily ) and was much more active in movement and punches. Joe C had a style all his own. He has elite speed, very good footwork and off beat but very effective slapping style.
    "Fury does get his quiet easily"?

Comment

Fury's style is to fight guys who can't fight, and use his size to clinch, maul his opponents, and foul them around the ring. This works vs. the Old, out of shape, and unranked guys. Though a few have exposed him in victory.

Fury is not Calzaghe. That guy hardly got hit ( Fury does get his quiet easily ) and was much more active in movement and punches. Joe C had a style all his own. He has elite speed, very good footwork and off beat but very effective slapping style.
      I do agree on most accounts. Mine was more of a conceptual comparison than a technical one, but your points are correct.
      Dr. Z Dr. Z likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Slugfester View Post
        One thing a boxer should have is a style suited to his body. I am assuming there is such a thing as the perfect style for any body made of meat. Maybe there isn't, but I feel there is.

Some fighters may be using the wrong style for their bodies. Does this ever happen? Do you know of any such fighters? Or does this always get sorted out by trainers and training and in actual fights where the fighter may revert to something more natural to him.

I have to admit I don't have a clue, not even an example.
        - - Uncountable thousands of tall, lanky fighters who fail to use their height and reach properly
        Slugfester Slugfester likes this.

Comment

A fight that comes to mind was Mitch Green v Tyson. Green stood 6'5" to Tyson's 5'11" but he spent most of the fight crouching down to Mike's height and trying to clinch him.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
            A fight that comes to mind was Mitch Green v Tyson. Green stood 6'5" to Tyson's 5'11" but he spent most of the fight crouching down to Mike's height and trying to clinch him.
            A lot of taller fighters have a bad habit of doing that

Comment

So it seems to be taller fighters who fail to exploit their height and reach advantages. That is the easiest one to see. Are there any others that are not as obvious?

Comment

So it seems to be taller fighters who fail to exploit their height and reach advantages. That is the easiest one to see. Are there any others that are not as obvious?
                Paul Williams is a perfect example of this.
                Slugfester Slugfester likes this.

Comment

This is because you are semi familiar with boxing. The styles matter more as a fighter goes up in weight. I could tell you about what styles certain body types should learn.
                  I am only semi-familiar with boxing but you are some kind of fucking genius? Is that it? Your genius sure gets laughed at a lot. But I guess that is the cross geniuses have to bear. Right Albert?
                  Last edited by Slugfester; 12-07-2023, 03:37 AM.
                  Ivich Ivich likes this.

Comment

I am only semi-familiar with boxing but you are some kind of fucking genius? Is that it? Your genius sure gets laughed at a lot. But I guess that is the cross geniuses have to bear. Right Albert?
                    Those who know are laughing at you, not with you. Remember that.

I won't charge you for the advice.

Some tall l fighters who don't use their height and reach give up the natural advantages.

I think you are correct, you are semi familiar with boxing.

Comment

What he is very familiar with is lying.

Comment

Working...
                      X