• Muhammad Ali fights visually restored with AI

Untitled design.png

Ali vs Foreman Full Fight: https://youtu.be/wqCSiKxB_DA

Frazier vs Ali 1: https://youtu.be/mvZO6KTaBwg

Ali vs Frazier 2: https://youtu.be/rJLcjDoxhxc

Ali vs Foreman Highlights: https://youtu.be/QjTGMkNOrUw

Ali vs Oscar Bonavena https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLvJwUJTaSU&t=192s

Ali vs Joe Bugner https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1giNvM8sbU&t=5s

Last edited by AIBoxing; 02-03-2024, 05:04 PM.

Enjoyed watching the ring entrances. Wish we could have had a closer look at the gloves going on. We don't get to see that too often anymore.

warning

POINTLESS DIGRESSION ON THE RULES:

This announcer in 1974 was still referring to the Clay-Liston I fight as a 7th round KO.

It took over a decade for that issue/controversey to finally be settled as a 6th round KO.

They had a simliar problem settling 'which round' bets to pay-off in Dempsey-Willard, 3rd or 4th round. They eventually paid on the 3rd round.

If you take the rules as written, and when Liston actually quits, the first media call as Clay over Liston in seven rounds, is actually the correct call. I.e. The bell to start the 7th round rang before Liston quit.

Should be recorded as either a 7th round KO or a 7th round DQ for Clay. Which is was the papers called it the next day, a 7th round KO.

As does this announcer here, 10 years later, still call it seven rounds.

On the other hand: Willard's people waved off the fight before the 4th round began, making it a 3rd round RTD.

Comment

Great image! Thanks for posting.

Amazing, the more you watch it the more you realize Ali was winning the damn fight.

In 1974 we couldn't see it, because even as late as the seventh round we still expected Foreman to suddenly blow Ali away with bombs.

When the KO came we were shocked, but now when you look back on it with twenty-twenty hindsight you realize Ali was beating him the whole damn fight.

We just couldn't see it in 1974. Even while Ali was beating him, we still couldn't see it, though now it looks inevitable. Oops!

Comment

Originally posted by Willie Pep 229 View Post

Amazing, the more you watch it the more you realize Ali was winning the damn fight.

In 1974 we couldn't see it, because even as late as the seventh round we still expected Foreman to suddenly blow Ali away with bombs.

When the KO came we were shocked, but now when you look back on it with twenty-twenty hindsight you realize Ali was beating him the whole damn fight.

We just couldn't see it in 1974. Even while Ali was beating him, we still couldn't see it, though now it looks inevitable. Oops!
        Thank you for the good feedback. I have Ali vs Frazier 1 going up within the next hour or so. It took 7 and a half hours to render overnight, with the highest spec commercial PC available. I believe this is quite bespoke content. I have been a heavyweight boxing fan since I was a kid. Growing up in the Tyson, Lewis era. And now as I have got older, boxing has become one of my two favorite sports to follow along with football. I heard so much about the previous generation, but never delved into it to much, Ali was more of a myth to me back then. I don't remember seeing much, if any of his fights growing up, I guess this is because social media wasn't a thing back then. I remember seeing the odd interview here and there. George was almost as famous here in the UK back when I was a kid, partly because of the George Foreman grill!

Comment

The eight round never gets old.

Comment

Added Frazier vs Ali 1. Can a mod please change the title please to "Muhammad Ali AI Enhanced videos - Full Fights Archive" ​
            BattlingNelson BattlingNelson likes this.

Comment

- - I couldn't see it because I was a poor, bedraggled student working my way through college, but when I did years later on ESPN with George as a guest, George beat the tarballs outta Ali whose holding was continually having to be broke by Zach Clayton, prob the reason he stopped the fight with George up by the 9 count. He was an old man in tropical Africa running on fumes by then.

Ali went down for a 30 count and had to be carried to his stool.
              Willie Pep 229 Willie Pep 229 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post

- - I couldn't see it because I was a poor, bedraggled student working my way through college, but when I did years later on ESPN with George as a guest, George beat the tarballs outta Ali whose holding was continually having to be broke by Zach Clayton, prob the reason he stopped the fight with George up by the 9 count. He was an old man in tropical Africa running on fumes by then.

Ali went down for a 30 count and had to be carried to his stool.
                i am so surprised you don't rate ali queensbury. most see him as the greatest. is that your wife in your profile? she looks like a pretty norma jean wholesome apple pie american babe. i love girls like that. so you could pull a nice babe in your day!
                Last edited by max baer; 11-13-2023, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Added Fraizer vs Ali 2
                  Last edited by AIBoxing; 01-26-2024, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nathan sturley View Post

i am so surprised you don't rate ali queensbury. most see him as the greatest. is that your wife in your profile? she looks like a pretty norma jean wholesome apple pie american babe. i love girls like that. so you could pull a nice babe in your day!
                    - - She's a natural British beauty, but looks much like a few girls I dated.

I understand the herd mentality for Ali, but trust me, he's been stealth slipping for a while in the pantheon and will soon be relegated to a lower ranking as some young stud comes along.

Comment

Working...
                    X