Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Do The Best Boxers Nearly Always Come From Childhood Poverty?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post

- - Tell it to Nat Fleisher who help popularize boxing and was considered an expert among experts.

Would never claim to be an expert what with all the Ring experts shooting their big toes off every other week with their picks. I do know what I know which is considerable and against the grain of the average boxing mug.
    ah ha ha queeny takes no prisoners he's here for war!

Comment

Why do you guys thinks there's like an influx of rich kids who want to box now?

When I was a kid, boxers used to always say they didn't want their kids to box, but now there's like a ton of rich kids who box

I remember when Laila Ali decided to box, people were like, WTF?"

But now, you got Chris Eubanks sons, Nigel Benn's sons, Duran's son, Mosley's son, Tzsyu's sons, Vargas's son, & a ton of dudes sons.

Now, you got Muhammad Ali's grandson, who's super silver spoon boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by The D3vil View Post
        Why do you guys thinks there's like an influx of rich kids who want to box now?

When I was a kid, boxers used to always say they didn't want their kids to box, but now there's like a ton of rich kids who box

I remember when Laila Ali decided to box, people were like, WTF?"

But now, you got Chris Eubanks sons, Nigel Benn's sons, Duran's son, Mosley's son, Tzsyu's sons, Vargas's son, & a ton of dudes sons.

Now, you got Muhammad Ali's grandson, who's super silver spoon boxing.
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jc2phQYGq2g yes like joe fraziers son he did well.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post

He's probably seen how the know nothin' azzholes around here treat me. I don't blame him at all for keeping it to himself.

There are a few good guys in here though, who really know what fighting is about, unlike the know nothins...............Rockin'
          i admire you for telling your story and i will say this, most men who feel that they missed their boat will realise in the coming years that their fate is a different and better one then the one they imagined before.
          men all peak at different ages and some, like say winston churchill, they peaked as an old man.
          the thing about sport is that we are just boys when our sporting dreams are forefront in our minds.
          like the old saying "youth is wasted on the young" we have to make very big decisions while we are all hormonal and lacking in experience and just mere kids.
          but your fate may be to be a great teacher or it may be your kids that you teach to do sport that become great.
          tyson fury's dad wanted to be a heavyweight champion but never realised his dreams but tyson fury has achieved that and john fury has found that his life was not realised till he was in his fifties. his dreams were made because he taught his sons to be the best.
          keep upbeat rockin' and accept opportunities as something will inspire you to be great at something different then your younger self could realise.
          see mike tyson, those rape allegations very nearly killed him but i knew that in the coming years the mass public will see he was stitched up for money. now mike is happy, has a kind gorgeous wife and he enjoys his life. yet when he was at his peak he hated life and was suicidal often. father time can surprise us all as we age and we can start to realise that if we are positve and kind with others our life's purpose is something else than what we knew all these years.
          Last edited by max baer; 09-22-2023, 12:39 PM.
          Rockin' Rockin' likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by nathan sturley View Post

i admire you for telling your story and i will say this, most men who feel that they missed their boat will realise in the coming years that their fate is a different and better one then the one they imagined before.
            men all peak at different ages and some, like say winston churchill, they peaked as an old man.
            the thing about sport is that we are just boys when our sporting dreams are forefront in our minds.
            like the old saying "youth is wasted on the young" we have to make very big decisions while we are all hormonal and lacking in experience and just mere kids.
            but your fate may be to be a great teacher or it may be your kids that you teach to do sport that become great.
            tyson fury's dad wanted to be a heavyweight champion but never realised his dreams but tyson fury has achieved that and john fury has found that his life was not realised till he was in his fifties. his dreams were made because he taught his sons to be the best.
            keep upbeat rockin' and accept opportunities as something will inspire you to be great at something different then your younger self could realise.
            see mike tyson, those rape allegations very nearly killed him but i knew that in the coming years the mass public will see he was stitched up for money. now mike is happy, has a kind gorgeous wife and he enjoys his life. yet when he was at his peak he hated life and was suicidal often. father time can surprise us all as we age and we can start to realise that if we are positve and kind with others our life's purpose is something else than what we knew all these years.
            I appreciate your words of it isn't over, but pop out a stroke and then see how your optimism changes.

It is what it is.

Thanks for trying to help doe.

I'll carry on ...................Rockin'

Comment

Working...
            X