Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Do The Best Boxers Nearly Always Come From Childhood Poverty?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nathan sturley View Post
    thinking about it now i missed out the klitschko brothers i think they had a middle class academic education and are doctors after getting degrees in sports science. I suppose the class system was not in any way the same in communist countries though.
    - - Their father a high ranking officer in the Soviet military that afforded them a better education than 90% of the western world receives.
    nathan sturley max baer likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post

There actually was a program up at Northern Michigan University that boxers used to get scholarships for. You go to school and box/train at the Olympic Training Center that's up there. My coach told me to sign and send in the application and he told me that they'd except me.

But I was in love with that girl and she told me that she didn't want me to go, so I didn't. What a dumb ass move, what the funk was I thinking. I let a huge opportunity like that slide right on by me.

Moral of the story, never let a beatch step in between you and your dreams. If she does, dump her and send me a thank you pm or something. Man, I was a dumbass, thinking with only my deek.

The moral of the story, if you have a dream follow that sheet with everything that you've got in ya.

I really should have kicked that beatch to the curb and gone up there..................Rockin'
      Na, you probably would have become good, maybe even great, worst a champion.

Money gone, your brains would be scrambled eggs today.

Comment

Originally posted by Willie Pep 229 View Post

Na, you probably would have become good, maybe even great, worst a champion.

Money gone, your brains would be scrambled eggs today.
        I never gave a sheeet about scrambling my brain until that wench told me that she was pregnant. I was raised by my mother, my father basically scammed out when I was 1 or 2, I saw him irregularly until I was 9 or 10, I always said that if I have a kid that I will be the best dad to that kid that I could be. That beetch knew this..... I still don't know why she played the I'm pregnant card on me like she did. Except that I was fighting at the Palace again. After the bout that I lost there, fighting that night with a brutal lung infection, the promoter told me not to worry about the loss and that they wanted to bring me back and build my career. He told me that the people loved me, Fight Night said this to me. Remember Tuesday Night Fights on USA Cable, yeah them. I'd been waiting for years to hear those words, since I started attending the bouts in like '87, or so, at the Palace. It's all that I dreamed of doing. I told him no thank you, I'm done fighting. Oh to have that day play by again with just one thing to change, me not walking away from the sport. A couple of months later I noticed that her belly wasn't getting any bigger. I ask her what's goin' on. Her arms flail up as if she helpless and tells me that she's not pregnant. I was crushed from the inside out. Honestly, I should have known. It wasn't the first time that she had played that card on me.

Moral of the story, never let a beetch, unless you are married, get in between you and your dreams.

I came back a couple of times and had a few more bouts, but I was never truly prepared for any of them. Still went 2-2 with a ko doe. Compared to the fighter that I was up at Galaxy, I was sheet. And I knew it.

I would never be the same fighter again. Johnny had me in prime shape and fighting like a wrecking ball at the beginning. I could never find that same groove to fight in again.

Coulda, woulda, shoulda.....

Sheet happens.

.............Rockin'
        Last edited by Rockin'; 09-19-2023, 01:04 PM.

Comment

I never gave a sheeet about scrambling my brain until that wench told me that she was pregnant. I was raised by my mother, my father basically scammed out when I was 1 or 2, I saw him irregularly until I was 9 or 10, I always said that if I have a kid that I will be the best dad to that kid that I could be. That beetch knew this,,,, I still don't know why she played the I'm pregnant card on me like she did. Except that I was fighting at the Palace again. After the bout that I lost there, fighting that night with a brutal lung infection, the promoter told me not to worry about the loss and that they wanted to bring me back and build my career. Fight Night told me this. Remember Tuesday Night Fight on USA Cable, yeah them. I'd been waiting for years to hear those words, since I started attending the bouts in like '87, or so, at the Palace. It's all that I dreamed of doing. I told him no thank you, I'm done fighting. Oh to have that day play by again with just one thing to change, me not walking away from the sport. A couple of months later I noticed that her belly wasn't getting any bigger. I ask her what's goin' on. Her arms flail up as she tells me that she's not pregnant. I was crushed from the inside out. Honestly, I should have known. It wasn't the first time that she had played that card on me.

Moral of the story, never let a beetch, unless you are married, get in between you and your dreams.

I came back a couple of times and had a few more bouts, but I was bever truly prepared for any of them. Still went 2-2 with a ko doe. Compared to the fighter that I was up at Galaxy, I was sheet. And I knew it.

I would never be the same fighter again. Johnny had me in prime shape and fighting like a wrecking ball at the beginning. I could never find that same groove to fight in again.

Coulda, woulda, shoulda.....

Sheet happens.

..................Rockin'
          amazing story! That girl lying to you about being pregnant is wicked. She thought she would come between you and your career. You are not alone by far as many men get lied to by women. Still thanks for sharing your experiences. I have experienced similar sh11ty stuff myself.
          Rockin' Rockin' likes this.

Comment

amazing story! That girl lying to you about being pregnant is wicked. She thought she would come between you and your career. You are not alone by far as many men get lied to by women. Still thanks for sharing your experiences. I have experienced similar sh11ty stuff myself.
            She was actually hoping to rope me in to marriage, that stupid cvnt!

Ladies and their lies, funk them.

Besides Jackie, she was awsome and I'm sure that she still is. One great lady!..............Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by Ivich View Post

I boxed off and on for nearly 20 years.
              I always operated on the principle ,"it's better to give than to receive".
              Where were you fighting out of?

Your principle was pinpoint accurate, especially with this sport. ...................Rockin'
              Last edited by Rockin'; 09-19-2023, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Don't we all have at least one in our past?
                nathan sturley max baer likes this.

Comment

Where were you fighting out of?

Your principle was pinpoint accurate, especially with this sport. ...................Rockin'
                  - - Vitch told us he boxed, but then back tracked, and now he say he got a record that he won't post?

Yeah, I don't blame the poor dear awash in ungutted FrenchFried Snails...

Comment

Fury went to a private school. Joe Joyce has a university degree. The Klitschko’s have degrees and Vitali is a mayor.

It’s a bit of a cliche regarding poverty, I’d say most boxers are working class not actually poor. Ricky Hatton is typical, he’s from a working class background, he was a carpet fitter. But that’s not the same as poverty, he wasn’t starving and his family weren’t going without food.
                    Ivich Ivich likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post

- - Vitch told us he boxed, but then back tracked, and now he say he got a record that he won't post?

Yeah, I don't blame the poor dear awash in ungutted FrenchFried Snails...
                      He's probably seen how the know nothin' azzholes around here treat me. I don't blame him at all for keeping it to himself.

There are a few good guys in here though, who really know what fighting is about, unlike the know nothins...............Rockin'
                      Last edited by Rockin'; 09-20-2023, 10:48 AM.
                      Ivich Ivich nathan sturley max baer like this.

Comment

Working...
                      X