No announcement yet.

Who Fought The Most World Champs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mcentepede View Post
    This question is a no-brainer. Sugar Ray Robinson and probably Henry Armstrong head the list. If World Champ is taken in proper context. They head everybody. Ali heads the Heavyweights. Armstrong held 3 titles simultaneously...at a time when there were 8 world champs walking around the planet. And the entire world knew who these 8 men were. 3 out of 8 titles for pete`s sake. That is nearly 50% of all boxing. By 1 guy. With over 100 Knock-outs. And nearly had 4 but held to a draw against Garcia. So he didn`t lose that one. Very impressive. Robinson fought and beat everybody B4 he got old. Age beat him and the heat, that is it. Also over 100 knock-outs. How does De la Hoya winning a controversial alfabet belt over Felix Storm supposed to impress me. Especially since he can`t even beat a feather-weight guy?
    I didn't create the thread to impress you..

So.... How many? and who are they?... Or do I have to tell you?

Comment

What do you mean by that last remark: "So.... How many? and who are they?... Or do I have to tell you?"

I thought we all agreed, that DLH probably heads the list with 23. Do you have someone else in mind, who tops that??

Comment

Originally posted by Bundana View Post
        What do you mean by that last remark: "So.... How many? and who are they?... Or do I have to tell you?"

I thought we all agreed, that DLH probably heads the list with 23. Do you have someone else in mind, who tops that??
        I swear some of you guys only ever read the last post put in front of you!...

NO... I didn't have anyone else in mind, but it appears our fellow poster, mcentepede does.. He believes it's either Robinson or Armstrong, but has fallen short of quoting any figures... You say it's DLH with 23, & I have no reason to disbelieve you until someone proves otherwise..

I was merely offering to check the record books if mcentepede doesn't get back to me..

Comment

Ray Robinson

Joey Giardello
          Terry Downes
          Gene Fullmer x 4
          Paul Pender x 2
          Carmen Basilio x 2
          Bobo Olson x 4
          Joey Maxim
          Rocky Graziano
          Randolph Turpin x 2
          Jake La Motta x 6