No announcement yet.

Steve Collins today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by barry big balz View Post
    If eubank was afraid or damaged after watson fight all he had to do was out box collins for 12 rounds he didnt even have to sit down on his punches, all he had to do was outbox the crude collins for 12 rounds.... but at the end of the day eubank wasnt capable...
    The truth............

Comment

He peaked in the fights with Pyatt, Eubank & Benn.. All massive wins, & making him a 2 weight WBO champion..

Makes you wonder whether he'd have been too tough for Jones and Calzaghe or too relentless for James Toney.. He'd be the underdog in all 3 of these, but only a fool would count him out it..

Comment

Steve Collins was at the right place at the right time,fought some top middleweights before he ever met Eubank and Benn but he met them at the downslide points in their career.

Eubank was scraping through very close decisions against decent at best opponents at this point in his career,to claim he wasn't washed up his just stupid and Benn had been in war after war and couldn't hack it anymore,he wasn't getting a big money showdown with Roy Jones and looked pathetic against Malinga.

Comment

I'd take taylor over collins any day .

Never really did rate collins .

Comment

Silly ****s....

Comment

How can you not rate a man who never gets KO'd and keeps coming forward while continuously throwing punches without tiring?

He may not of had the greatest technique, but it was very effective and successful.. Taylor would have to get on his bike and stay on it all night, to stand any chance of beating him.. And what a stinker it'd be to..

Comment

Collins would be up there but i dont think he has the skills to be dominant, i mean is he any tougher than Froch ? probably not, does he have better skills than Froch? debatable, he does not hit hard either.

Reggie Johnson beat Collins clearly and by the end of the fight was starting to beat him up, Reggie Johnson was a good fighter but not great.

Comment

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
                  How can you not rate a man who never gets KO'd and keeps coming forward while continuously throwing punches without tiring?

He may not of had the greatest technique, but it was very effective and successful.. Taylor would have to get on his bike and stay on it all night, to stand any chance of beating him.. And what a stinker it'd be to..
                  I dont think he came forward constantly, he was a good counter puncher, and did have great stamina and was effective. But he also had gaping flaws that would of been exposed by better fighters than Eubank and a shot Benn.

Good, but not great.

I think he would stand a good chance with all the SMW's today. None of them are great. Kessler would beat him IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
                    Collins would be up there but i dont think he has the skills to be dominant, i mean is he any tougher than Froch ? probably not, does he have better skills than Froch? debatable, he does not hit hard either.

Reggie Johnson beat Collins clearly and by the end of the fight was starting to beat him up, Reggie Johnson was a good fighter but not great.
                    I don't know. I haven't seen the Johnson fight. But Collins was def better at 168 than 160. He wasn't particularly fast, so his game was always brawling. He did have skills tho, obviously. Nobody can beat Eubank and Benn with pure muscle.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Anomaly View Post
                      I dont think he came forward constantly, he was a good counter puncher, and did have great stamina and was effective. But he also had gaping flaws that would of been exposed by better fighters than Eubank and a shot Benn.

Good, but not great.

I think he would stand a good chance with all the SMW's today. None of them are great. Kessler would beat him IMO.
                      I didn't say 'constantly'... But far more (come forward) agressive than most of his foes.. The only 2 narrow defeats on his record were against champs, McCallum & Johnson, during his early 20's, at a time when Benn & Eubank had only competed in a handfull of professional contests.. But he still came back to haunt them both a decade later..

I think it's time to stop underrating him..

Comment

Working...
                      X