No announcement yet.

Steve Collins today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jambo boy View Post
    I didn't like all that **** about him being hypnotised when he faught Eubs. I thought that it was a bit underhand tactics really, it worked to be fair though, Chrith was frightened of him.

PS. Prime Collins v Prime Eubs = Eubank win by TKO. He was never the same fighter after Watson.
    C'mon, you can't say he wasn't the same fighter PHYSICALLY! He still had the same speed, reflexes and strength. He showed he could still punch when he put Collins down in the first fight. But Collins wasn't like the other guys Eubank had fought before. No matter how hard Eubank or anybody hit him, he'd always come back and attack.

Comment

Originally posted by Benncollinsaad View Post
      C'mon, you can't say he wasn't the same fighter PHYSICALLY! He still had the same speed, reflexes and strength. He showed he could still punch when he put Collins down in the first fight. But Collins wasn't like the other guys Eubank had fought before. No matter how hard Eubank or anybody hit him, he'd always come back and attack.
      Nothing to do with physical anything, he was ****scared of everything that moved after Watson.

Comment

Nothing to do with physical anything, he was ****scared of everything that moved after Watson.
        I wouldn't go as far. I think you Brits have created this romanticized image of Eubank, which is not completely true to his real self. Thats my impression anyway. Not saying he's a bad guy or anything, but he's a fighter. He had the choice to quit boxing, but he chose to go on.

Comment

I wouldn't go as far. I think you Brits have created this romanticized image of Eubank, which is not completely true to his real self. Thats my impression anyway. Not saying he's a bad guy or anything, but he's a fighter. He had the choice to quit boxing, but he chose to go on.
          I agree, the guy is an idiot and clearly had some issues at the time. But he was not the same aggressive style of fighter after the Watson fight. Whether it was guilt or maybe he was frightened of getting injured himself, I don't know, but he wasn't the same. I can't stand the guy as a person, I've met him on numerous occasions and he is a wanker.

Comment

Green K coming your way. You said it right. Collins is actually 2 years older than Eubank and the same age as Benn. Its true that Benn wasn't anymore the same guy when Steve fought him tho. But Eubank definitely was.
            Cheers!... Yep, no one new this more than Collins.. He administered the help of a hypnotist (Paul McKenna) in order to create the burning desire needed to put Chris under immense pressure from the opening bell..
            To say that Steve was intense, has to be an understatement.. I honestly can't remember ever seeing another fighter as hyped as Collins was, especially the 2nd fight!
            It worked perfectly against Eubank, who up until then, had always been able to control & dictate the pace of any fight..
            Collins simply took away all of Eubanks initutive by swarming him into a zone of discomfort that he wasn't familiar with..

Comment

Il have to watch the Collins Eubank fights again.

I always thought Collins was a bit overrated, but u cant take anything away from him.

Eubank had many close decisions before being beaten by Collins, and Benn was clearly finished.

Jones vs Collins would have been painful to watch. Calzaghe - Collins would have been entertaining.

Comment

If eubank was afraid or damaged after watson fight all he had to do was out box collins for 12 rounds he didnt even have to sit down on his punches, all he had to do was outbox the crude collins for 12 rounds.... but at the end of the day eubank wasnt capable...

Comment

Remember that collins put eubank down 1st in the middle rounds.....

Comment

Originally posted by barry big balz View Post
                    Remember that collins put eubank down 1st in the middle rounds.....
                    Yeah. In the 8th.

Comment

you're talking like eubank was a washed up fighter after Watson. He fought Watson 4 years before the first fight with Collins, and in that 4 years went 14 fights unbeaten (although the judges were kind to him on occasion).

Eubank didnt look scared to me, even when he was way past prime fighting Thomspsn at CW.

Comment

Working...
                      X