No announcement yet.

Mayweather's Defense vs. Whitaker's

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Obama View Post
    Lowering your head below the waist is also "cheating". Pernell is more guilty of that than Floyd.
    Perny was probably used to doing that outside the ring as well. just like he spend more time on his knees past his prime, just like he did outside the ring.

Comment

I believe their defense is even but will give the edge to Pernell Whitaker, due to the opposition Whitaker didn't get hit against.

Comment

wow...i cant believe mayweather is winning this poll

if anythin i thot it be all whitaker and some ties

thats interesting

Comment

Slimey Limey is banned!!! yay!
          Last edited by RightCross94; 09-25-2009, 04:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Archaic View Post

He commited the great crime of disagreeing with the majority.What kind of a person has his own opinion right?
            Last edited by BigMacFoster; 09-25-2009, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Archaic View Post
              BOLO for yet another alt

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by BigMacFoster View Post
                He commited the great crime of disagreeing with the majority.What kind of a person has his own opinion right?
                Nah.... Slime was banned for being a rude ****.. Plain & simple..

With regard to the poll.. Of course it's Mayweather.. He only gets hit about once every other round..
                Last edited by mickey malone; 09-27-2009, 04:28 AM.

Comment

I think Floyd's much faster punches off his rocking / rolling type defensive moves give him an edge is observable defense, where he counters with such great effect that it seems like *wow Floyd's defense is so great it sets up his offense* kind of factor that Whitaker never had. In Whitaker's favor he faced one of the best ever (Chavez) at the height of JC's powers and made him look like a tool. Whitaker's defensive subtlety was brilliant though and were he a step or too quicker I'd have given him the edge. As it was I thought them close enough to be even.

Comment

Originally posted by JC Warrior View Post
                    I think Floyd's much faster punches off his rocking / rolling type defensive moves give him an edge is observable defense, where he counters with such great effect that it seems like *wow Floyd's defense is so great it sets up his offense* kind of factor that Whitaker never had. In Whitaker's favor he faced one of the best ever (Chavez) at the height of JC's powers and made him look like a tool. Whitaker's defensive subtlety was brilliant though and were he a step or too quicker I'd have given him the edge. As it was I thought them close enough to be even.
                    A slight exaggeration.

Comment

Mayweathers all day.

Comment

Working...
                      X