Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Boxing is so popular in UK and not in France?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boxing is popular in Britain?

Comment

Originally posted by LordessByron View Post
      Was just wondering, about the historical reasons why boxing never were as much popular in France, like it is in UK?

Does anyone knows?
      Name the number of ATG French fighters

Comment

Originally posted by 1SILVA View Post
        Name the number of ATG French fighters
        Carpentier and Marcel Cerdan are definitely ATG.

Tiozzo bros, Mormeck, Boudouani and Cherifi are good fighters i can remember. Brahim Asloum 2000 gold medalist is one of the biggest failures in boxing history. This kid had mad talent but is one of the biggest ******* i've ever seen, Floyd Mayweather looks like Holyfield compared to him.

French have excellent amateur boxing but in pros they still fight like amateurs. Willy Blain who's a 2003 amateur World champ and 8 time national champ, has a poor pro career coz he doesn't try to finish fights and still try to outpoint like in the Am. At this point he only has one knockout in his resume, in more than 20 wins and 1 loss.
        Watch his fight against the excellent Lamont Peterson and you'll see the difference between a great amateur and a real pro.

In the future i expect Silver Medalist Khedaffi Djelkir to do big things in his career. Wait and see...

Comment

Marcel Thil
          Ray Famechon

Anaclet Wamba was a good cruiserweight although mostly forgotten today.

Comment

Yes it's what i thought kind of... but isn't it interesting to look more deeply, and find out the sociologic reasons why something is so huge here, and not at all overthere, i don't know you guys, but i think it's fascinating.
            I made my research and they have the French Boxe overthere, and it's more and less connected the fencing, which is more historically related.

Even so... there is maybe no realy audience either. Wonder why?

Comment

Originally posted by Cotto-Rulez View Post
              Carpentier and Marcel Cerdan are definitely ATG.
              ATG?
              Sorry man, don't understand that language !

Comment

Originally posted by LordessByron View Post
                ATG?
                Sorry man, don't understand that language !
                ATG = All Time Great.

Comment

Did anyone see that program a while back about Paris some of the districts out there looked well rough there were running gun battles, riots almost every night with murderes etc. The camera crew had there car smashed in and John Travolta had to abonded a film he was going to do there because the gangs tourched the stunt cars and forced them out lol.

Comment

Some people are just soft.

I'm sure the tough arab and african kids in the french ghettos would be good boxers if they had access to it. But all they do over there is play soccer.

Comment

Yes it's very true and it's easier for them to get together too i guess, ... and where to find a boxing gym ... overthere? I heard that some guys open a boxing gym in the ghetto somewhere around Paris, to help kids learn discipline and sports spirit... maybe with time ...

Comment

Working...
                      X