Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This Forum Seems To Be Carried By 3 Or 4 Posters?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Forum Seems To Be Carried By 3 Or 4 Posters?

Looking at the input here you see the same 3 or 4 names making threads day after day
    And the same 2 trolls pouncing on them and posting faux cryptic garbage, eager to negatively comment on them.
    I'm a relative newbie here, but I'm beginning to understand why so few posters put their heads above the pa****t so to speak.
    The forum seems to be in a deep malaise of apathy, inactivity, and cynical sniping from the sidelines,people who I've hardly encountered before , briefly sliding out into the light to stick a knife in someone then recoiling back into there holes to await there next victim.I'm not bothered about them having a dig at me,they'll have to get in the queue for that!

Still it seems a shame to me.A bit more thought provoking debate ,on a variety of subjects about by -gone pugilism would be welcome don't you think?

The concept of boxing history is old, most of the posters here are old. The tempo of threads is gonna be a reflection of that.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM- View Post
      The concept of boxing history is old, most of the posters here are old. The tempo of threads is gonna be a reflection of that.
      Six of the 20 threads currently on page 1 were started by me,I'm 74 in November.

Comment

This section of the forum was great 10-15 years ago. We had about 50 active posters and all of them were well schooled on the history of the sport.

The vast majority of those guys left the forum, it’s been a ghost town here for a good 5 years or so now.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          This section of the forum was great 10-15 years ago. We had about 50 active posters and all of them were well schooled on the history of the sport.

The vast majority of those guys left the forum, it’s been a ghost town here for a good 5 years or so now.
          Damn shame. Oh well, I tried, .time to shut up shop I think.
          Last edited by Ivich; 08-29-2022, 05:29 PM.

Comment

I have already apologized for my misbehavior, but I can do it again if it helps. Consider it done.

People die that post here. Oldsters haunt a place like this. I would say most of the guys from ten or fifteen years ago probably quit life. New ancients should be arriving soon. I am seventy-three in a few weeks.

Why leave? Wilbur was going to leave, Bilbo was going to leave, I was going to leave. We are all glad we didn't, I think, and maybe a few others. Someone who puts out a lot of original threads is what I want out of a member. I put out a lot of original threads myself. You are one of the better posters. You are new and not as misanthropic as some of of us. You don't have a sewing bee to get to.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

As an aside, Danny, Toney says Crawford will knock out Spence. What do you think?

Comment

I feel like the design/ui change has never really been recovered from, activity wise. Could be just rosey glasses though.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivich View Post

Damn shame. Oh well, I tried, .time to shut up shop I think.
                  This forum still has its place. Nash likes to check into this section, even when Nash does not comment, Nash is reading. The Great Nash may be one of the younger ones kicking about here at 39. Nash out.
                  Cash in Cash in likes this.

Comment

CharmingBrightDassierat-size_restricted.gif

Comment

Working...
                    X