Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

40 years ago today, Salvador Sanchez died in a car accident.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 40 years ago today, Salvador Sanchez died in a car accident.

Today marks the 40th anniversary of Salvador Sanchez tragically dying in a car accident at just 23 years old.

Do you remember where you were when you heard about Sanchez dying? How did you feel? How great do you think he would have been if he had lived?

He was already great at a young age. A no doubt hall of famer in my mind. Don't go crazy on me, but I always wondered if he was using loaded gloves. The damage he did to Danny Lopez and Gomez was unreal. Peace.

Comment

Originally posted by mrbig1 View Post
      He was already great at a young age. A no doubt hall of famer in my mind. Don't go crazy on me, but I always wondered if he was using loaded gloves. The damage he did to Danny Lopez and Gomez was unreal. Peace.
      He was only 23, but he already beat 3 HOFers in Lopez, Gomez and Nelson.

Fighters back then were just built differently.
      mrbig1 mrbig1 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
        Today marks the 40th anniversary of Salvador Sanchez tragically dying in a car accident at just 23 years old.

Do you remember where you were when you heard about Sanchez dying? How did you feel? How great do you think he would have been if he had lived?
        Sorry I need to be a dick from time to time, it fills a need.

JFK's assassination; the Challenger explosion; 911 --> Yes I do?

MlK's assassination; RFK's assassination; the Columbia explosion; Kent State Massacre; --> No!

Sanchez ? I don't think I heard he was dead until some fight announcer mentioned it in passing, I think.

P.S. Oh, I remember where I was the day Nixon quit --> on the boardwalk, Sea Side Heights, N.J. --> Trump's impeachment(s), Na!

Comment

Originally posted by Willie Pep 229 View Post

Sorry I need to be a dick from time to time, it fills a need.

JFK's assassination; the Challenger explosion; 911 --> Yes I do?

MlK's assassination; RFK's assassination; the Columbia explosion; Kent State Massacre; --> No!

Sanchez ? I don't think I heard he was dead until some fight announcer mentioned it in passing, I think.

P.S. Oh, I remember where I was the day Nixon quit --> on the boardwalk, Sea Side Heights, N.J. --> Trump's impeachment(s), Na!
          - - Read about it in the newsprint of the day, presumably the next day, a terrible tragedy.

Highlighted examples of me knowing exactly where I was in those tragedies. You fergot Lee Oswald!

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post

- - Read about it in the newsprint of the day, presumably the next day, a terrible tragedy.

Highlighted examples of me knowing exactly where I was in those tragedies. You fergot Lee Oswald!
            Yea I was home from school watching that live on TV - yea I remember that well.

It is gone now but there was this dude up in North Florida that had a museum in his house and back yard called The Tragedy Museum - he had the wrecked car that Jane Manesfield (sp) died in; the ambulance they took Lee Harvey to the hospital and the jacket James Dean died wearing. Lol It was a weird experience.

At the time I thought the whole thing was bogus and smiled through it. A few years later American History Illustrated did a review of the museum and said all the artifacts were real.
            Last edited by Willie Pep 229; 08-13-2022, 12:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Willie Pep 229 View Post

Yea I was home from school watching that live on TV - yea I remember that well.

It is gone now but there was this dude up in North Florida that had a museum in his house and back yard called The Tragedy Museum - he had the wrecked car that Jane Manesfield (sp) died in; the ambulance they took Lee Harvey to the hospital and the jacket James Dean died wearing. Lol It was a weird experience.

At the time I thought the whole thing was bogus and smiled through it. A few years later American History Illustrated did a review of the museum and said all the artifacts were real.
              - - Here's the deal for the JFK tragedy- Jack Ruby had minor mob ties, and I don't know if the Feds had taken charge of the Dallas Jail or not given the overwhelming federal scope of events, but they the collective authorities muffed it by letting the public in on a cell transition in the middle of the typical press scrum screaming questions as they film or photograph. I think Lee was going before the court to be arraigned.

As to the actual shooter, could well be there were other shooters down the line in case the the previous shooter didn't have a good target, and possible 2 shooters each got their shots off simultaneously, but I know that even as a kid, with the rifle and ammo Oswald was using in his perch on the upper floor, I could've just as easily hit the mark. Anyone with experience and a decent eye for targeting could've have.

Net conclusion is this was an easy job to plan with a high level of carrying off the caper. And sadly the only reason JFK and Jackie in Dallas was politics because Lyndon had delivered the Texas votes in 1960, but now needed some help for the 64 elections since many conservatives had abandoned Lyndon, an early movement to the Republican Party that eventually took over Texas.
              Willie Pep 229 Willie Pep 229 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post

I was told he was in an accident to so bad they had to identify him with his jewelry. He was just breaking out into stardom. Could have been an Eder Jofre like talent.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Z View Post

I was told he was in an accident to so bad they had to identify him with his jewelry. He was just breaking out into stardom. Could have been an Eder Jofre like talent.
                  - - He had been accepted into medical school as I recall, but had a fight lined up with Arguello, again as I recall, probably his last fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Z View Post

Still a tough pill to swallow to this day

Comment

Working...
                    X