Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

History's Greatest Hispanic Big Men - Two are about to clash.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ortiz is well past his expiration date. Ruiz can't decide if he wants to train for a boxing match or a pie-eating contest. That said, I think it will be a decent fight for as long as it lasts. I'm guessing its over by mid rounds, with Ruiz the victor. If Wilder makes a comeback, I'd like to see Wilder/Ruiz.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
      Ortiz is well past his expiration date. Ruiz can't decide if he wants to train for a boxing match or a pie-eating contest. That said, I think it will be a decent fight for as long as it lasts. I'm guessing its over by mid rounds, with Ruiz the victor. If Wilder makes a comeback, I'd like to see Wilder/Ruiz.
      I think Ruiz Jr gets dropped in the 1st then KO's Ortiz in the 2nd.

Wilder - Ruiz Jr. would be a massively fun fight that could go either way and I think it would sell very well. Both guys' are known to casual sports fans.
      Last edited by NachoMan; 06-28-2022, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post

How is coming in a fat slob indicative of class? Do you mean he is a nice man or something? The fellow can punch, I will give him that. But I expect ol' blubber gut will gas out in any hard fight that goes a ways. He is only built for short fights. The other guy is so old he is growing moss.
        Ya. He's GOT to honor himself and his profession by coming in prepared for War. If he hits the jackpot once and decides that's enough success for one lifetime, that's OK, but don't cheat your fans by coming in prepared to fail. We know he's never going to look ripped. But we also know that when properly prepared he can really fight! Ask Joshua, the once heir apparent who fought a fully prepared Andy Ruiz Jr. Exactly once...and Joshua Was ripped that day. And got ripped to pieces.

Comment

Like you said, even in shape and properly conditioned Ruiz will look fat. Blubber is hard to carry. He would be a real threat in fights scheduled for four rounds. I have a friend built like him who can beat up the musclemen too. But I would hate see his face if one of them could last four rounds!

Comment

Originally posted by Willow The Wisp View Post

My friend. Pump them brakes. Mendoza's Wikipedia page touches on his ancestry sufficiently. There are a few books if we wish to take a deeper dive. Diversity in both the Hispanic/ Latino as well as the international ***ish communities is immensely broad. Naturally you know, that Spain is host to a wide range of migratory ethnic groups and has been for centuries. Some have identified as Spanish, others not. Mendoza's ethnicity did...very much. Thus his inclusion on the list. If I didn't respect your flashes of great value (as many, for their own reasons, don't), I would not have responded to you.
            Now let's test our kinship. If Andy Ruiz Jr. Were to come in light, fit ans ready; and Cuba's most successful pro entrerant since Nino Valdez can turn back his clock a bit, what do you think we'll see?????
            - - If Fat Andy's bad leg has been rehabbed, gonna be a steady walkdown of Ortiz who will be blasted out.

Fat Andy vs the punch drunk Deyonce anyone?

Mendoza implies a Spanish Father name at some near point, but does not denote the mother ancestry, but at any rate U brought up Shephardic *** ancestry, not me. Having been raised in the predominantly ***ish community of Meyerland in Houston, I at least know quite a bit about how a lot of ***s think in our generation, and if you know anything about Texas ***ish migration then, most of their parents were NYC ***s moving to the hottest job market in the US then.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
              In a recent video Ruiz looks in really good shape. IMO he looked a little too thin for me.

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post

- - If Fat Andy's bad leg has been rehabbed, gonna be a steady walkdown of Ortiz who will be blasted out.

Fat Andy vs the punch drunk Deyonce anyone?

Mendoza implies a Spanish Father name at some near point, but does not denote the mother ancestry, but at any rate U brought up Shephardic *** ancestry, not me. Having been raised in the predominantly ***ish community of Meyerland in Houston, I at least know quite a bit about how a lot of ***s think in our generation, and if you know anything about Texas ***ish migration then, most of their parents were NYC ***s moving to the hottest job market in the US then.
                Very good.

Comment

I think ( and hope) that Ruiz has enough brains and pride and professionalism in him to NOT SQUANDER a huge opportunity here. Ortiz is jusy as good as Ruiz is, IMO, but he is really quite old, and you can’t fool mother nature for very long. Ruiz might have some massive paydays waiting in store.

Comment

No. 3 all-time nicks #8, owing mostly to Ortiz ' advancing age. As he always has in a solid career against 5 percenters, Ortiz keeps it competitive.

Comment

Working...
                    X