No announcement yet.

Top 50 Must Watch Boxing Fights - Rummy’s Corner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 50 Must Watch Boxing Fights - Rummy’s Corner

This is a video by one of my fav boxing channels. In case anyone skips the intro to the video, I’ll let you know this isn’t a personal list of his. It was done by conducting a survey of a whole bunch of boxing fans from a forum. He goes into detail about how the scoring system worked in the beginning, so if you wanna know the specifics then don’t skip the beginning.

The reason why I’m sharing this with you is because I want to know if there’s any fights you were surprised didn’t make it on there; not outraged or anything like that, just surprised that boxing fans didn’t pick it. It might also be neat to know if there were any fights on this list that you didn’t expect to see or surprised by where certain fights were ranked in the list.
    Last edited by Flickergrab98; 12-27-2021, 09:21 PM.

Good list overall I was suprised Gomez vs Sanchez didn’t make it very important for history, also Provodnikov g”vs Bradley should have been there.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue54 View Post
      Good list overall I was suprised Gomez vs Sanchez didn’t make it very important for history, also Provodnikov g”vs Bradley should have been there.
      Yeah, I was too. Especially after I learned how it’s cited as the start of the Mexico-Puerto Rico rivalry. While, we’re on the topic of historical significance, there’s also Jack Johnson’s victories over Tommy Burns and Jim Jeffries.

Comment

Originally posted by Flickergrab98 View Post

Yeah, I was too. Especially after I learned how it’s cited as the start of the Mexico-Puerto Rico rivalry. While, we’re on the topic of historical significance, there’s also Jack Johnson’s victories over Tommy Burns and Jim Jeffries.
        The guy who does these videos is bonkers.

He writes for those hack sites, bnews24 and crapsideboxing, under numerous aliases like Gilfoid and others made up names.

Comment

Originally posted by markusmod View Post

The guy who does these videos is bonkers.

He writes for those hack sites, bnews24 and crapsideboxing, under numerous aliases like Gilfoid and others made up names.
          Again, keep in mind that this isn’t a personal list of his. These are the results of a survey.

Comment

The Gomez-Sanchez fight may be one of the best of the rivalry but that rivalry goes back to the 1930s or 1940s. One webpage suggests that there has been over 70 major (title) fights between the two nations.

Comment

Originally posted by Willie Pep 229 View Post

The Gomez-Sanchez fight may be one of the best of the rivalry but that rivalry goes back to the 1930s or 1940s. One webpage suggests that there has been over 70 major (title) fights between the two nations.
              Sure, there were Mexicans and Puerto Ricans fighting each other in the ring back then. But were they as heated back before the Sanchez-Gomez fight? Did they have Mexican and Puerto Rican fans at each other throats, turning the matches into a contest of proving their nations’ supremacy? Was there considered to be any bad blood between the two countries back in the 30s or 40s?

From what I understand, the whole rivalry began to take shape after Gomez beat a couple of Mexico’s top fighters at the time, including Carlos Zarate. Mexican fans wanted revenge and looked to Sanchez to deliver that for them. While Puerto Ricans, in turn, lined behind their #1 guy.

Comment

Did they have Mexican and Puerto Rican fans at each other throats, turning the machetes into a contest of proving their nations’ supremacy
                - - Yup, and shoulda seen the shining glint of uncounted tens of thousands of Caribbean machetes flashing in the stadiums of their baseball games. Whoa be the hapless plate umpire then.

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post

- - Yup, and shoulda seen the shining glint of uncounted tens of thousands of Caribbean machetes flashing in the stadiums of their baseball games. Whoa be the hapless plate umpire then.
                  Goddamnit! Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post

Wait, for some reason it doesn’t say machetes when I look at it myself? You can check, I haven’t edited it yet. (Though I wish I did actually spell it that way. It’d be a hilarious typo).

Comment

Working...
                    X