No announcement yet.

A P4P Record

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A P4P Record

I used to have a thread where I tracked my P4P rankings in boxing and other members could post...but boxing has been so boring of late I failed to update it and the thread no longer exists (From what I can see). So let us start this again. Feel free to post your P4P lists, WITH your criteria.

This is my criteria to be eligible:
    1. Said fighter must have had at least one championship fight with an opponent ranked in the top tens of either the WBC, WBA, IBF, WBO or The Ring.
    2. Said fighter must have had at least one fight in the previous 12 months.
    3. Said fighter must himself be ranked in the top tens of either the WBC, WBA, IBF, WBO or The Ring.

How ranking criteria works:
    1. The fighter with the most championship caliber wins will usually be ranked higher.
    2. Rankings will depend on championship wins as well as the fighters visible skill level. The latter is of course subjective.
    3. A fighter moves up the number of ranks based on my discretion, but usually if a lower ranked P4P fighters beats a higher ranked P4P fighter, he takes that spot. For example, if ranked 7 beats ranked 5, ranked 7 automatically becomes ranked 5.
    4. When a P4P ranked fighter loses, his next ranking will depend on the above criteria (1-3) as well as my discretion.
    5. When two P4P fighters fight and it is a draw, there will be no change to the rankings.
    6. If a P4P fighter fails to fight a single opponent in the WBC, WBA, IBF, WBO or The Ring ****zine rankings, he may be removed from the top 10 at my discretion.
    7. If a fighter has no fights in the previous 12 months, he will be removed form the list.

So, here we go -

1. Oleksandr Usyk - undefeated, undisputed cruiserweight champion and now WBA, WBO and IBF heavyweight champion.

2. Saul Alvarez - current top champion at super middleweight, with light middle and middleweight reigns.

3. Teofimo Lopez - undisputed lightweight champion, notable wide win over Vasily Lomachenko. (due to be removed from the list on 18/10/21)

4. Naoya Inoue - the best bantamweight on the planet but he does need to improve his opposition of late.

5. Tyson Fury - one of the best heavyweights on the planet who has proven he can fight in multiple styles.

6. Anthony Joshua - one of the best heavyweights from Great Britain, he needs to rebound from his loss to Usyk.

7. Josh Taylor - undisputed light-welter king but as the man above him, he needs to improve his opposition.

8. Juan Francisco Estrada - one of the finest fighters on the planet with a revenge win over Gonzalez.

9. Vasily Lomachenko - once the best fighter on the planet, the exceptional Ukrainian is in need of a world class win.

10. Roman Gonzalez - proved against Estrada that he still has some gas in the tank.

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
    I used to have a thread where I tracked my P4P rankings in boxing and other members could post...but boxing has been so boring of late I failed to update it and the thread no longer exists (From what I can see). So let us start this again. Feel free to post your P4P lists, WITH your criteria.

1. Said fighter must have had at least one championship fight with an opponent ranked in the top tens of either the WBC, WBA, IBF, WBO or The Ring.
    3. Said fighter must himself be ranked in the top tens of either the WBC, WBA, IBF, WBO or The Ring.

1. The fighter with the most championship caliber wins will usually be ranked higher.
    2. Rankings will depend on championship wins as well as the fighters visible skill level. The latter is of course subjective.
    3. A fighter moves up the number of ranks based on my discretion, but usually if a lower ranked P4P fighters beats a higher ranked P4P fighter, he takes that spot. For example, if ranked 7 beats ranked 5, ranked 7 automatically becomes ranked 5.
    4. When a P4P ranked fighter loses, his next ranking will depend on the above criteria (1-3) as well as my discretion.
    5. When two P4P fighters fight and it is a draw, there will be no change to the rankings.
    6. If a P4P fighter fails to fight a single opponent in the WBC, WBA, IBF, WBO or The Ring ****zine rankings, he may be removed from the top 10 at my discretion.
    7. If a fighter has no fights in the previous 12 months, he will be removed form the list.

So, here we go -

1. Oleksandr Usyk - undefeated, undisputed cruiserweight champion and now WBA, WBO and IBF heavyweight champion.

2. Saul Alvarez - current top champion at super middleweight, with light middle and middleweight reigns.

3. Teofimo Lopez - undisputed lightweight champion, notable wide win over Vasily Lomachenko. (due to be removed from the list on 18/10/21)

4. Naoya Inoue - the best bantamweight on the planet but he does need to improve his opposition of late.

5. Tyson Fury - one of the best heavyweights on the planet who has proven he can fight in multiple styles.

6. Anthony Joshua - one of the best heavyweights from Great Britain, he needs to rebound from his loss to Usyk.

7. Josh Taylor - undisputed light-welter king but as the man above him, he needs to improve his opposition.

8. Juan Francisco Estrada - one of the finest fighters on the planet with a revenge win over Gonzalez.

9. Vasily Lomachenko - once the best fighter on the planet, the exceptional Ukrainian is in need of a world class win.

10. Roman Gonzalez - proved against Estrada that he still has some gas in the tank.
    - -AJ rebounding on Usyk, who upon putting a Master Class on AJ according the usual echo chamber of suspect experts, ie Ring picking AJ over Usyk by 19-1, had better hope he looks better than the meat cleaver AJ used on his mug in the first fight.

Comment

So, here we go -

I assume you are not a Teofimo Lopez fan but why do you have him due to be removed on Oct 18th?

We know the fight has been postponed several times and now may be held on Nov 27th - maybe LOL -- But I don't think it was ever scheduled for the Oct 18th. - Is there another point you are making that I don't understand?
      Last edited by Willie Pep 229; 10-11-2021, 05:56 PM.

Comment

The man may not like Mexican braggarts. That's legitimate.

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
          The man may not like Mexican braggarts. That's legitimate.
          There is a Hollywood cliche that says you are a star only when half the people love you and half the people hate you. Each time I read your posts I keep thinking this kid is well on the way to becoming a star.

Example: Ali was a star, Frazier merely a celebrity for a while (only half the people loved him he never truly made it to star level.)

So remember each time you post Lopez takes one step closer to becoming a star.

Comment

Originally posted by Willie Pep 229 View Post

I assume you are not a Teofimo Lopez fan but why do you have him due to be removed on Oct 18th?

We know the fight has been postponed several times and now may be held on Nov 27th - maybe LOL -- But I don't think it was ever scheduled for the Oct 18th. - Is there another point you are making that I don't understand?
            Lopez's previous fight was on Oct 17th last year, so if he does not fight in a 12 month period, as per my criteria, he will be removed.

I'm actually a Teo fan lol but thems the rules!
            Willie Pep 229 Willie Pep 229 likes this.

Comment

Lopez's previous fight was on Oct 17th last year, so if he does not fight in a 12 month period, as per my criteria, he will be removed.

I'm actually a Teo fan lol but thems the rules!
              - -Used to be a Teo fan, but he and fat ****** daddy grew into complete low class bums.

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post

- -Used to be a Teo fan, but he and fat ****** daddy grew into complete low class bums.
                What do you mean? He is only about a fight or 2 removed from being undisputed lightweight champion. I understand issues around the Loma rematch but I'd like to hear both sides of the story.

Comment

What do you mean? He is only about a fight or 2 removed from being undisputed lightweight champion. I understand issues around the Loma rematch but I'd like to hear both sides of the story.
                  - -Boxing media covered both sides incessantly. Where was U?

Comment

How do you rank Joshua over Spence & Crawford? Spence beating D. Garcia and Bud's win over Brook are better than AJ's win over Pulev and loss to Usyk. They are also far superior pound for pound boxers.

Comment

Working...
                    X