Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where Great Fighters Came From

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #11
    Originally posted by markusmod View Post

    Now it seems California has the edge.
    For a while now... California first started to figure prominently in baseball because you can play all year round. In MMA, and other such sports it has become the place to train. Las Vegas also to some extent, but not as much.
    Tony Trick-Pony likes this.

    Comment


    • #12
      - -MLB only plays a half year season and most games not in Cali. Other than the Dodgers, Cali pro teams don't have a history of dominance.

      They dominate the boxing ranks because of the large population of Mexican Americans and Golden Boy happy confluence.

      Comment


      • #13
        Originally posted by billeau2 View Post

        For a while now... California first started to figure prominently in baseball because you can play all year round. In MMA, and other such sports it has become the place to train. Las Vegas also to some extent, but not as much.
        Texas is rising up too.

        Comment


        • #14
          Originally posted by markusmod View Post

          Texas is rising up too.
          I don't know if you are a Murican or not lol... But if you have grown up in this country you can see how many institutions have guided professional athletes. In America the college system has become a farm system for football over the years, and one aspect of this is the bigger states and their universities have all gone full in on athletic programs that yield economically... particularly football. Places like Texas and California are all in this process. I got to see Stamford in Palo Alto, a dinner for the sports program. They had George Bush as a keynote speaker while he was president. Big money!

          florida is another state that has a big connection. in the early 80's the football coaches at the state university and a man named Arthur Jones invented Nautilus machinery... A circuit training system designed so that an athlete could exhaust his entire major muscle groups in around 15 minutes or so, this meant that practice could be spent on scrimmaging, and other exerscizes. Is it a coincidence that this was about the time when football players started to get really big, strong and fast?

          So yes, Texas and all the big universities are in... College baseball has also increased in a viable way for an athlete to enter the professional ranks.

          Comment


          • #15
            I think it's crazy RJJ is a Florida Man. We don't got no talent, where TF did he come from?

            I've not hidden my opinion of southern black fighters. SRL, SRR, Ali, Louis, all southern boys. I could go on but those are the guys you see as GOATs most places.

            I think it's pretty crazy the golden era of HWs are lead by 3 southern black men. Ali, Frazier, and Foreman are all southerners.

            Also, Lennox might be the last to own undisputed but the man from Georgia was the last to make a successful defense. I think it's cool as **** JJ is from a slave state. to be clear not all southern states were slave states, but, Texas was, and Johnson was part of the first generation born free. Soon as it could be proven he was there to prove far from inferior. That's cool.

            conversely, I'm not saying, for example, the North East is weak or that their champions are lesser....I am a Marciano fan after all, but, list to list I think the south holds ahead any other region on the planet. Marciano + Mike + Holmes is a strong trio but the three kings alone are a fine answer to them. West has some guys, north has some guys, south is where the goats came from though.
            billeau2 likes this.

            Comment


            • #16
              Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
              I think it's crazy RJJ is a Florida Man. We don't got no talent, where TF did he come from?

              I've not hidden my opinion of southern black fighters. SRL, SRR, Ali, Louis, all southern boys. I could go on but those are the guys you see as GOATs most places.

              I think it's pretty crazy the golden era of HWs are lead by 3 southern black men. Ali, Frazier, and Foreman are all southerners.

              Also, Lennox might be the last to own undisputed but the man from Georgia was the last to make a successful defense. I think it's cool as **** JJ is from a slave state. to be clear not all southern states were slave states, but, Texas was, and Johnson was part of the first generation born free. Soon as it could be proven he was there to prove far from inferior. That's cool.

              conversely, I'm not saying, for example, the North East is weak or that their champions are lesser....I am a Marciano fan after all, but, list to list I think the south holds ahead any other region on the planet. Marciano + Mike + Holmes is a strong trio but the three kings alone are a fine answer to them. West has some guys, north has some guys, south is where the goats came from though.
              - -JJohnson from a freed slave state no different than myself or my sons. The colonies were populated as slave states by
              slave propagating England who inherited the lucrative ancestral African Slavery market dating to the very beginnings of humanity, ie engraved in papyrus and stone history.

              More interesting to me is that of all the MLB greats through their history, Texas born players can fill every position including manager that would whoop every other state in the Union in a fantasy World Series type of format. But U boys already prob figured that out...



              Comment


              • #17
                Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
                I think it's crazy RJJ is a Florida Man. We don't got no talent, where TF did he come from?

                I've not hidden my opinion of southern black fighters. SRL, SRR, Ali, Louis, all southern boys. I could go on but those are the guys you see as GOATs most places.

                I think it's pretty crazy the golden era of HWs are lead by 3 southern black men. Ali, Frazier, and Foreman are all southerners.

                Also, Lennox might be the last to own undisputed but the man from Georgia was the last to make a successful defense. I think it's cool as **** JJ is from a slave state. to be clear not all southern states were slave states, but, Texas was, and Johnson was part of the first generation born free. Soon as it could be proven he was there to prove far from inferior. That's cool.

                conversely, I'm not saying, for example, the North East is weak or that their champions are lesser....I am a Marciano fan after all, but, list to list I think the south holds ahead any other region on the planet. Marciano + Mike + Holmes is a strong trio but the three kings alone are a fine answer to them. West has some guys, north has some guys, south is where the goats came from though.
                The Bstard maker is from Georgia as well. Hollyfield and all his prodigies.

                Comment


                • #18
                  Originally posted by billeau2 View Post

                  I don't know if you are a Murican or not lol... But if you have grown up in this country you can see how many institutions have guided professional athletes. In America the college system has become a farm system for football over the years, and one aspect of this is the bigger states and their universities have all gone full in on athletic programs that yield economically... particularly football. Places like Texas and California are all in this process. I got to see Stamford in Palo Alto, a dinner for the sports program. They had George Bush as a keynote speaker while he was president. Big money!

                  florida is another state that has a big connection. in the early 80's the football coaches at the state university and a man named Arthur Jones invented Nautilus machinery... A circuit training system designed so that an athlete could exhaust his entire major muscle groups in around 15 minutes or so, this meant that practice could be spent on scrimmaging, and other exerscizes. Is it a coincidence that this was about the time when football players started to get really big, strong and fast?

                  So yes, Texas and all the big universities are in... College baseball has also increased in a viable way for an athlete to enter the professional ranks.
                  Im talking about boxers, there is a ton of talent coming out of Texas.
                  billeau2 likes this.

                  Comment


                  • #19
                    Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post

                    Yeah I've seen him. He's going to be awesome against AJ. Pulling for him although it's gonna be tough. I'd love it if he won though and ended up facing Fury. The prefight antics would be worth paying for. Haha.
                    I really like usyk too....has so much ability and character but I think him fighting Joshua is a step too far....if chisora could reach him consistently Joshua definitely will and Joshua punches harder , crisper and with more variation....Joshua is also turning into an all round beast now so if usyk manages to pull it off it will be even more impressive......but I see Joshua hurting usyk and stopping him inside 9 rounds.....Joshua showed he can also box from range now also so that’s another way he can win

                    Tony Trick-Pony likes this.

                    Comment


                    • #20
                      Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
                      I really like usyk too....has so much ability and character but I think him fighting Joshua is a step too far....if chisora could reach him consistently Joshua definitely will and Joshua punches harder , crisper and with more variation....Joshua is also turning into an all round beast now so if usyk manages to pull it off it will be even more impressive......but I see Joshua hurting usyk and stopping him inside 9 rounds.....Joshua showed he can also box from range now also so that’s another way he can win
                      - -Sadly so true. Usyk could easily outbox Deyonce and likely flummox Fury, but they too scared for years now to fight AJ, so now they goin' for the WBC Homeless belt trilogy nobody wants to see.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X
                      TOP