Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Ali is one of the greatest

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ali is one of the greatest because he simply transcends boxing . His charisma and personality gave him crossover appeal thoughout the world . Even people who dont like boxing love Ali .

Comment

Originally posted by princemanspoper View Post
      Virtually ever sports personality talks trash these days.Yet nobody gives a flying **** about them so being cocky,arrogant and flashy doesn't mean a damned thing,because it has become so overplayed that the public see right through it
      Are you KIDDING me???

Are you seriously telling me people like Mayweather and ESPECIALLY Haye didn't get noticed because they talked the loudest? Being outspoken sells tickets and gets you fame which again means $ my friend. That's why you got people like Mayweather talking **** about pretty much everyone because it makes people notice him and therefore sells his fights! That's what he's good at, even Dana White says it.! Floyd is good at promoting himself. If nobody gave a **** then you tell my why the NSB section goes crazy everytime floyd comes with a new crazy statement

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
        and than there is the soft spoken DeLaHoya who was the biggest money maker ever outside of heavyweight.

Charisma isn't being the loudest or most shocking, its a presence.
        The camera loved DLH. Dude had good looks which made him the womens favourite. No surprise there. People loved DLH because he was the good looking good guy.. That's why he got praised throughout his career even though he lost all his biggest fights. You think the public would have been that kind to a guy like Hopkins or Wlad had they lost all their big fights?

I do, however, agree with you about the bolded part. Sometime a fighter just got that presence that's larger than life.
        Last edited by Grand Champ; 08-06-2009, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X