No announcement yet.

Who's prime is more overrated ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's prime is more overrated ?

Who's prime is more overrated Roy Jones's or Mike Tyson's ?

Please dont say neither, have the balls to choose one over the other and state reasons why.

Probably Tyson's cos it was so comparatively short.

But both guys were extremely impressive in their primes even if the opposition wasn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post

Please dont say neither, have the balls to choose one over the other and state reasons why.
      That's the problem homey, neither is the correct answer. Cuz Tyson's prime was really good his overall career gets overrated, but he and RJ both deserve the hype they get for their prime runs. If I had to choose I'd say Tyson just cuz it was over after about 5 yrs.

Comment

Mike Tysons by FAR!

Comment

Tyson's.....because his rabid fans portray him as the GOAT because he got quickie KOs over Trever Berbick calibre fighters.....then when it occurs to them that Berbick was crap and a C class fighter at best they go through contortions to transform Berbick from a crap C class fighter into a credible opponent.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
            Tyson's.....because his rabid fans portray him as the GOAT because he got quickie KOs over Trever Berbick calibre fighters.....then when it occurs to them that Berbick was crap and a C class fighter at best they go through contortions to transform Berbick from a crap C class fighter into a credible opponent.

Poet

I gave up discussing Mike Tyson with his fans

Comment

I gave up discussing Mike Tyson with his fans
              Yeah, Tyson definately attracts a disproportionate share of unthinking nuthuggers.....though they HAVE been quite the last few months. It's similar to drying to have a rational discussion with one of Fraud Gayweather's Track Stars: No intelligent life there when the subject of their idol is on the plate.

PS. I'm probably harder on the Tyson fan-bois than I am on most simply because they tend to be so obnoxious in their fawning worship of him.

Poet

Comment

I would say Mike Tyson. Doesn't mean he wasn't good. He was a beast.

Comment

Can't overrate their primes when the majority of their opponents in their primes weren't getting up. Overall career is something different.

Comment

Roy Jones' without a doubt, beat a shell of Toney and a very green B-Hop. Followed by postmen, garbage collectors and off duty cops. Then to top it off he beat a manufactured champ at heavyweight. Definitely the most overrated fighter of my lifetime.

Comment

Working...
                    X