• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by princemanspoper View Post
    Vitali Klitschko vs Chris byrd
    Muhammad ali vs Joe frazier lll

just for future reference.....You Prick
    They didn't quit.. Both were pulled out by their corners.. Fraziers eyes were shut & Vitaly had a torn rotator cuff.. Why discredit top fighters like that?
    Makes you look more stupid every time..

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
      Hi Sonnybox, I see this is another one we dont agree on. You re obviously a Frazier fan, so am I. I would be rooting for him, but if you thought Ali looked big compared to Frazier Vitali would dwarf him.

I dont really rate the Buster Mathis analogy either, he was no where near as tall and his weight was reflected in his flab levels. Vitali is supremely conditioned.

I agree that peak Frazier was not what turned up to face Foreman, I just cant favour Frazier in this particular matchup. Getting his left hook to make contact with a chin so much higher (8-9 inches) when Vitali has a ridiculous reach advantage is a tough ask. Frazier would almost have to jump up...and thats if he got close enough!

Would Frazier be able to make contact to Vitali's body with any regularity? The big guy is pretty nimble around the ring and would surely bomb from a distance. I agree with Mickey's assessment that Frazier may well suffer from damage to his eyes.

I'd love to be wrong here, Frazier is a legend. If it makes you any happier Sonnybox I'd favour Frazier over a downsized Vitali (maybe 6ft 2 and 210 pounds). Hee hee
      same old story.. he is to big etc etc etc "Rubbish" Frazier at the tail-end of his career out-punched and beat 6ft 5ins Joe Bugner who was far better skilled than Vitali Klitschko, i was at the fight and as the rounds wore on it was clear to see Bugners body was changing colour due to the murderous body punching from Frazier.. Buster Mathis was NOT all flab, he was a huge man with excellent boxing skills.. Vitali Klitschko has never been in with a fighter of Joe Frazier`s calibre or greatness.. if an old Frazier can beat Bugner he can beat Vitali.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
        Hi Sonnybox, I see this is another one we dont agree on. You re obviously a Frazier fan, so am I. I would be rooting for him, but if you thought Ali looked big compared to Frazier Vitali would dwarf him.

I dont really rate the Buster Mathis analogy either, he was no where near as tall and his weight was reflected in his flab levels. Vitali is supremely conditioned.

I agree that peak Frazier was not what turned up to face Foreman, I just cant favour Frazier in this particular matchup. Getting his left hook to make contact with a chin so much higher (8-9 inches) when Vitali has a ridiculous reach advantage is a tough ask. Frazier would almost have to jump up...and thats if he got close enough!

Would Frazier be able to make contact to Vitali's body with any regularity? The big guy is pretty nimble around the ring and would surely bomb from a distance. I agree with Mickey's assessment that Frazier may well suffer from damage to his eyes.

I'd love to be wrong here, Frazier is a legend. If it makes you any happier Sonnybox I'd favour Frazier over a downsized Vitali (maybe 6ft 2 and 210 pounds). Hee hee
        Frazier always excelled against taller fighters, Ramos 6ft 4in, Bugner 6ft 5ins, Mathis 6ft 4ins, Ali 6ft 4ins, Tony Doyle 6ft 5ins.. all decent fighters and all as tall as Lennox Lewis... Vitali also has very suspect stamina and he also fights with zero guard, i see this fight being billed as "TIMBER" zzzzzz

Comment

Originally posted by veteran420 View Post
          i think its a pretty one sided event....

fraziers style doesnt serve him well against a taller guy with a good reach and stiff jab....

i can Klitschko by stoppage mid to late...
          why do people think fighters with good jabs give short pressure fighters trouble? Ali had one of the best jabs in the game and Frazier still managed to break through.

Tyson still broke through Holmes jab.

These guys spend their entire career getting around a jab. A jab isn't going to do anything to these guys.

Frazier would get on the inside and Vitali would not know what to do.

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
            Frazier always excelled against taller fighters, Ramos 6ft 4in, Bugner 6ft 5ins, Mathis 6ft 4ins, Ali 6ft 4ins, Tony Doyle 6ft 5ins.. all decent fighters and all as tall as Lennox Lewis... Vitali also has very suspect stamina and he also fights with zero guard, i see this fight being billed as "TIMBER" zzzzzz
            Ali was 6'3

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
              Ali was 6'3
              incorrect... when Muhammad Ali was interested in fighting Wilt Chamberlain, Howard Cosell had both of them in the studio and Angelo Dundee measured the height of both men, Muhammad Ali was 6ft 4 & 1/2ins tall with his shoes on, take off the half inch for the shoes and Muhammad Ali is 6ft 4ins, when Ali and Foreman came face to face in the ring in their title fight it was clear to see that Ali was the taller man.. do not believe what you read on boxrec they claim Gerry Cooney is 6ft 5ins when in fact he is 6ft 7ins

Comment

Hi Sonnybox, I'm so jealous of all the fights you've attended. Wow, lucky guy! I'm still sticking to my guns on Vitali though.

I dont know what Boxrec is but all the weath of statistics I have state that Ali was 6ft 3. I'd rather stick to that than the findings of a show and approximate estimates while a fighter has his shoes on! I may be wrong but some of those other height stats seem a bit higher than I remember seeing.

Joe Bugner may have more raw skill that Vitali, but the gap isn't much. As for conditioning, guile and workrate I'd favour Vitali and down to punch resistance and punch power Vitali walks away with it by a big margin.

I still cant get over the gap in height too, 6ft 8 is so much taller than Frazier and lets be honest now, Frazier did not have the most amazing chin and got hit hard in most of his fights, whereas Vitali has terrific power.

You also say:

'Vitali also has very suspect stamina and he also fights with zero guard'

Are you sure you re not mixing this up with Wlad? Now Wlad has shown suspect stamina and has left his chin out to dry (not to mention being knocked out a few times). Whereas I cant actually recall Vitali having been down in a fight (although I think he has), his chin is very good. He took some very hard blows from Lewis and I've never seen stamina problems.

I know I'm a bit like a stuck record when it comes to me often favouring much bigger guys (who can fight well like Lewis, Bowe, Vitali) over the legends of the past such as Marciano, Frazier and Dempsey. The problem is, that history shows us that a good big un often beats a good little un. If heavyweights that are under six foot and weigh around the 200Lb mark could win titles today you'd have thought that more than one would have managed it in the last three decades. Tyson is that one and his feet and hands were far faster than Frazier's.

Foreman showed us what happens when Frazier gets hit hard and Foreman would have beat any version of Frazier..........maybe not in two rounds, but he'd surely win. I can just see Vitali doing the same thing.

Comment

Oh and I never said that Buster Mathis was not skilled or that he was 'all flab'. Hell the guy was expected to be a gold medal Olympic champ.

You've got to admit though..............he was pretty damn flabby.

Comment

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
                    They didn't quit.. Both were pulled out by their corners.. Fraziers eyes were shut & Vitaly had a torn rotator cuff.. Why discredit top fighters like that?
                    Makes you look more stupid every time..

You're a damned fool,They both quit you ignorant dolt.both men asked their trainers to cover their backsides the humiliation of quiting themselves

they quit in disgrace and their careers and legacy shows as such

Comment

Originally posted by princemanspoper View Post
                      You're a damned fool,They both quit you ignorant dolt.both men asked their trainers to cover their backsides the humiliation of quiting themselves

they quit in disgrace and their careers and legacy shows as such
                      haha!!! depends who quits first....

Comment

Working...
                      X