No announcement yet.

Is Respect In Boxing Fading Away?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
    Your opinion and reputation on this board are already shot to crap. Don't fear though, it shouldn't be to much longer till you're banned.
    Why the hell would he be banned??/

That was a damn good post.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
      every sport seems like a "fringe sport" now. I don't follow football and don't know a single football players name currently (usa football)

I know a few basketball players, and of course tiger woods. I don't know any baseball players. to me every sport get's less coverage only because we get so many different things thrown at us these days.

Pacquiao and Mayweather are actually probably some of the more popular athletes.
      This is true, also.

Especially since the advent of ESPN and other such network broadcasts that only cover sports.

Still, there was a time here in America when boxing was the sport of the Country. The only sport that mattered.

But with the NFL, NHL, MLB, NBA, Golf, Auto Racing, Minor Leagues, College Level, High School Level, Soccer, Rugby, Horseback Riding, Gymnastics, and everything else from competitive eating to shin kicking ; no real sports fan gets their "fix" these days very easily.

Comment

not the fighters fault though. i mean look at floyd, hes really a nice guy. but he puts on this bad guy act, and who can blame him? if guys like bradley or dawson ran their mouths of they would be on the p4p list by now. its sad but true, so many ppl tune in to the hollywood drama **** more so than the acctual boxing. wasnt like that back in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by mangler View Post
          I truly hope 'fans' on this site ain't representative of boxing fans as a whole. From my personal experience, thankfully they ain't. When I talk to old school fans they got their biases just like anybody else does, but they got a deeper appreciation for the sport. They been watchin for decades, not just since World Awaits, so I luv talkin to them a lot more. As I mentioned, I don't see much of it elsewhere, but on here the stanism/hatred for fighters and the bitchmade obsession wit how much $ anotha man makes is ****in disgustin. Older fans know better than that female type ****.

You mean old farts like kid mccoy,londonringrules,poet and mickey malone?

old ****s like these are some of the most bitter and hate filled boxing fans you will find.These old men shouldn't even have access to a computer especially kid mccoy and his nambla like sympathies

do you know where the "boxing is dying" qoutes originally came from? it came from those within the boxing community,the journalists who despite making money of the blood,sweat and tears of fighters did not appreciate their efforts and dismissed them as inferior to the fighters of the past

I anything the new generation of boxing fan is much better because they tend pick and choose their avourite ighter based upon how they do in the ring rather than outside of it

Comment

Originally posted by princemanspoper View Post
            You mean old farts like kid mccoy,londonringrules,poet and mickey malone?

old ****s like these are some of the most bitter and hate filled boxing fans you will find.These old men shouldn't even have access to a computer especially kid mccoy and his nambla like sympathies

do you know where the "boxing is dying" qoutes originally came from? it came from those within the boxing community,the journalists who despite making money of the blood,sweat and tears of fighters did not appreciate their efforts and dismissed them as inferior to the fighters of the past

I anything the new generation of boxing fan is much better because they tend pick and choose their avourite ighter based upon how they do in the ring rather than outside of it
            Horses for courses.. Most posters aren't that bothered what you think about them.. As you've rightly suggested, this is the wrong section for your personal attacks.. I suppose there's only so much beating down a young man like yourself can take.. I mean, according to your avatar , you only started posting a few days ago, & after a measly 51 attempts, you haven't been able to make any friends or influence anyone.. Now, doesn't this tell you something? Surely you must despair at all these knarled up old pricks teaching you a lesson or 2.. You see, familiarity breeds contempt, where as introductions should be polite, b4 anything can be built.. That's why we all know you're an alt.. We've dealt with you before! You're not even a clever alt, & it's a shame, cos I for one never get bored with you.. In fact the more stupid, the better, & you're undisputed in that department.. So.. I think it's time to dry your eyes, & have a crack at Da Gangsta Boyz on NSB.. Your outta your depth on here sonny...

Comment

Ah and here's one of the fab four right now.Yes I am an alt yet the one you accused me of has already been banned yet my account still remains

try again malone and I do not care to make friends on an internet forum.That kind of thing might mean something to those who crave such a thing in their own personal lives but it means very little to me

Comment

Ah and here's one of the fab four right now.Yes I am an alt yet the one you accused me of has already been banned yet my account still remains

try again malone and I do not care to make friends on an internet forum.That kind of thing might mean something to those who crave such a thing in their own personal lives but it means very little to me
                Well... That's a shame, because one or two of your posts, show some obvious knowledge & a passion for the sport.. You'd be forgiven to say that we had something in common, but your attitude to certain members, dispells this..
                Can remember times of celebration, getting the bumps at school on my birthday, & there'd always be 1 kid who stuck the boot in.. Does this bring back any memories?

Comment

Well... That's a shame, because one or two of your posts, show some obvious knowledge & a passion for the sport.. You'd be forgiven to say that we had something in common, but your attitude to certain members, dispells this..
                  Can remember times of celebration, getting the bumps at school on my birthday, & there'd always be 1 kid who stuck the boot in.. Does this bring back any memories?

Comment

Don't hold your breath waiting for another Arguello. Ironically most of the trend away from this in sports in general rests on Ali's influence.

Comment

Originally posted by Tengoshi View Post
                      Don't hold your breath waiting for another Arguello. Ironically most of the trend away from this in sports in general rests on Ali's influence.
                      Agreed. But Ali was amusing even when being insulting. He was an original. Todays athletes are just insulting and don't have an original bone in them.

Comment

Working...
                      X