Roy Jones Jr vs Joe Louis At HW

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by princemanspoper View Post

you can either take a punch or you can't,neither men could
    Should the point even be brought up about the caliber of fighters who made it the distance with Jones? None of them even close to the level of Joe Louis.

Comment

Getting shook up by a man he outweighed by 30 pounds old feather fists himself billy conn?

Comment

Getting shook up by a man he outweighed by 30 pounds old feather fists himself billy conn?
        Remind me, who won that fight?

Comment

lol what a cop out,what does that have to do with anything? you asked me how Joe louis had a bad chin and I just gave you an example,if louis had a good chin he wouldn't have been as hurt as was by such a soft puncher like conn

Comment

I love all these stereotypical internet boxing fans using the logic that because roy jones had a weak chin then he would obviously lose,blatantly ignoring the fact that joe louis had a jaw crafted from sheer,pure "GLASS"

your a bigger cop out than I imagined,you do nothing to counter anyones points without exposing yourself to a complete fool who knows nothing about boxing,Then again you probably think sonny liston had a glass jaw too huh?
            You're an alt mate!.... You didn't even have to hit Liston to knock him over lol... I don't take alts seriously.. I'll just have fun abusing you, you ****...

Comment

lol what a cop out,what does that have to do with anything? you asked me how Joe louis had a bad chin and I just gave you an example,if louis had a good chin he wouldn't have been as hurt as was by such a soft puncher like conn
              Really? Did he go down? No. Did he lose? No. What is your basis here, getting wobbled? Lmao!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                Remind me, who won that fight?
                lol what a cop out,what does that have to do with anything?
                Well....in boxing ; it has everything to do with anything.

Comment

Well there you go then,it's not like his chin had taken a pounding over the years was it? Some fighters take so many shots to the chin that their chin gradually wears out and cannot take anymore

there's no real argument joe louis had a very weak chin,even his staunchest supporters have admitted as much

you can either take a punch or you can't,neither men could
                  And yet Louis somehow managed to keep standing for all those rounds against Max despite getting nailed with the right-hand over and over. And, even Dundee was amazed at watching the Baer fight with the shots Louis took.

If he couldn't take a shot he would have lost more than two times...with only 1 coming before he was shot.

His chin just wasn't granite.
                  Last edited by Benny Leonard; 07-17-2009, 05:52 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=JAB5239;5703648]

Jones chin was never tested till he was past his prime but was not only stopped by two guys who'll never be in the Hall of fame, but put to sleep by one punch ko's.

Louis on the other hand was stopped twice. Once past his prime, the other before it. Both times against HOF fighters, and the first time he took
                    bomb after bomb before finally succumbing. Little bit of a difference there. If you can't understand that its time to re-take boxing 101.
                    Don't make excuses now lad. Joe Louis was brutally KO'd, dominated and made to quit IN HIS PRIME. He was coming off a KO streak against some of his best opponents and was unbeaten.

Don't make excuses now lad. If you're right then Tyson was past his prime vs Douglass, Foreman vs Young etc. Nuthugging arse.

Comment

Originally posted by Benny Leonard View Post
                      And yet Louis somehow managed to keep standing for all those rounds against Max despite getting nailed with the right-hand over and over. And, even Dundee was amazed at watching the Baer fight with the shots Louis took.

If he couldn't take a shot he would have lost more than two times...with only 1 coming before he was shot.

His chin just wasn't granite.
                      His chin was much worse than glass. The reason he wasn't finished was because those bums, who had no business to knockdown the "Greatest HW ever"(pukes, farts, laughs) were too ****ty to finish him.

Comment

Working...
                      X