No announcement yet.

George Foreman Vs Joe Louis

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George Foreman Vs Joe Louis

This is a matchup i beleave would be a classic, but would end fairly fast.

Although i respct the hell out of Joe Louis i beleave he would be KOed by Big George within 3. I cant think of anyone in history who could stand toe to toe in the middle to the ring and beat George. And thats how Joe would fight him. Joe had slow footwork with a great jab ( on of the best if not THE best ) but even his jab wouldnt stop George.

Joes chin was questionable at times and was put down by men that were not known for power. The matchup is all wrong for Joe. the only man that joe fought who was similar was Max Baer, But Max is no George Foreman.

I could go on and on about why George would win, but id rather hear some of your Opinions.

My Thoughts

Foreman KO round 2 ( Not because Joe isnt good, Foreman would be just to much to handle for the brown bomber)
    Last edited by 0Rooster4Life0; 07-05-2009, 03:49 AM.

I think you're right.. He'd shock him, much like Schmelling.. But Louis was one of the best at reaping retribution, & he'd devise a strategy to redeem himself.. In a second fight, he'd outbox Foreman, & if Ali could KO him, then I'm sure Louis could.. Louis didn't hit quite as hard as big George, but believe me, he wasn't far behind... As a fighter that had chilling power in both hands, he was probably ahead.. Add this to his switch hitting ability (something Foreman could not do) & Louis has his number! MM

Comment

I Agree, Louis did have alot of power in each hand, His punching style was the best ive seen, Short straight punches that were Lethal. The problem Louis has with George is his foot speed, You say that he could out box George in a re match but he did not have the footwork to out box George. But this is Joe Louis, and someone that great always has a chance.

But George has his number i feel. To much power for Joe to handle.

Rooster

Comment

Originally posted by 0Rooster4Life0 View Post
        I Agree, Louis did have alot of power in each hand, His punching style was the best ive seen, Short straight punches that were Lethal. The problem Louis has with George is his foot speed, You say that he could out box George in a re match but he did not have the footwork to out box George. But this is Joe Louis, and someone that great always has a chance.

Rooster
        Granted.. But George wasn't exactly Rudolf Neuriev on his feet either...

Comment

Originally posted by 0Rooster4Life0 View Post

Rooster

If Goerge catches him it lights out, and there is a good possibility of that happening. On the other hand, if George doesn't get him by the 5th he'll get beat up and stopped himself.

I think you underestimate Louis' footwork a bit. Joe wasn't a dancer by any stretch, but he wasn't as slow a foot as many make him out to be. His style was specificly designed to bring his opponents into his power zone. mI can't recall which of his opponents described it, but they said something to the effect that his footspeed was very decieving. That he looked to be moving slowly but could close the gap very swiftly.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

If Goerge catches him it lights out, and there is a good possibility of that happening. On the other hand, if George doesn't get him by the 5th he'll get beat up and stopped himself.

I think you underestimate Louis' footwork a bit. Joe wasn't a dancer by any stretch, but he wasn't as slow a foot as many make him out to be. His style was specificly designed to bring his opponents into his power zone. mI can't recall which of his opponents described it, but they said something to the effect that his footspeed was very decieving. That he looked to be moving slowly but could close the gap very swiftly.
            'Creeping Death' is a good description...

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if Louis was able to pick his shots and take apart the wide-swinging Foreman with pin-point accurate counter punches.

I don't think either have their "numbers", it would be a fight that could go either way. I might slightly favour Foreman in a single fight due to his raw power and ability to take punishment but Louis would surely develop a strategy to beat him in rematches.
              DooGee#33 DooGee#33 likes this.

Comment

Joe Louis gets his clock cleaned here. It's the Frazier fight for me (similar). JL had a suspect chin, went down too much. Foreman lands a bomb.
                moneytheman Ascended likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by capt_sam View Post
                  Joe Louis gets his clock cleaned here. It's the Frazier fight for me (similar). JL had a suspect chin, went down too much. Foreman lands a bomb.
                  Louis fights nothing like Frazier.

Not saying it couldn't happen but there are more factors at play than Louis' supposed "suspect chin".

Foreman was way open for counter punches, Peralta, Young, Lyle and Ali landed on him at will. Louis if anyone could exploit his lack of defense.

I often pick the shorter, more accurate puncher against the wild-swinging, cruder one.

Comment

Originally posted by capt_sam View Post
                    Whoever wins, I don't see this resembling the Frazier fight at all. Joe went right at George. Louis would let Foreman come to him and look to counter.
                    Hooded Terror Hooded Terror likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X