No announcement yet.

Ray Robinson against boxers.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southpaw16bf View Post
    Williams had seen better days no dout, but the fight before Lamotta he had took a prime Marcel Cerdan 10 hard fought rounds, in a fight were Cerdan didnt have it all his own way. And also in the year 46 Williams had beat a young Bob Satterfield.

So yes Williams had seen much better days, but he still was a pretty capable fighter, and was still dangerous as I have just proved. And Lamotta got a UD victory over him.
    No doubt Williams was the real deal. When people tell me Roy Jones Jr. was the greatest, I always respond he's not even the greatest fighter out of Pensacola.

Comment

Originally posted by Obama View Post
      1) You don't have to be slick to be a good boxer. Few (if any) of the great Mexican boxers were slick. Sanchez, Chavez, De La Hoya, Morales, Barrera, Marquez, none of these guys were slick. Sanchez comes the closest.

2) SRR from his own mouth said Zivic gave him his hardest fights.

3) LaMotta was a Middleweight, and he didn't get to Zivic until mid 1943, after he was already past his prime. The first 3 fights with LaMotta also ended in split decision. Not to mention, LaMotta also beat other BOXERS besides Robinson and Zivic.
      So we both agree he (Zivic) was pretty darn good then.....

Comment

Working...
      X