No announcement yet.

Who's better

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's better

If your life depended on picking the right outcome between a game of 2 on 2 between prime;

team A: wilt & russell

team B:shaq & hakeem

Who would u take?
    Wilt Chamberlain & Bill Russell
    35.71%
    Shaquille O'Neal & Hakeem Olajuwon
    64.29%

The poll is expired.

Originally posted by GetSumBrah View Post
    If your life depended on picking the right outcome between a game of 2 on 2 between prime;

team A: wilt & russell

team B:shaq & hakeem

Who would u take?
    Chamberlain was like 7 ft during a time when everyone was around 6 ft. those athletes could not bang with todays basketball players. Although I'm sure they would adapt with proper training.

Comment

Um, Chamberlain and Russell both make the top 10 ATG list. Chamberlain is top 5, and considered by many to even be #1. Shaq isn't even going to make the top 10, and Hakeem while one of the official 50 greatest, doesn't rank high on the list.

Not sure it's fair to compare how they would matchup head to head. The way basketball was played has changed so much. But, even still I'd go with the oldschool guys.

Comment

O'Neal and Hakeem have better moves

Comment

Originally posted by Obama View Post
          Um, Chamberlain and Russell both make the top 10 ATG list. Chamberlain is top 5, and considered by many to even be #1. Shaq isn't even going to make the top 10, and Hakeem while one of the official 50 greatest, doesn't rank high on the list.

Not sure it's fair to compare how they would matchup head to head. The way basketball was played has changed so much. But, even still I'd go with the oldschool guys.
          shaq & dream trump russell & wilt in every single aspect except stats & accolades. physically,athletically,power,speed,skill set, shooting, it would be a wipe out.

Comment

Wilt and Bill would own Shaq and Hakeem.There is no way Shaq is going to overpower Wilt, who also had some moves in his repertoire.Also, Bill was smart enough to figure out Hakeem, probably limiting him to few points.

Comment

A prime Tyson brings the curtain down on all 4 careers by killing 3 of them, & seriously injuring the 4th.. Besides, I thought RJJ was top of the crop in that field..

Comment

You mean, like, playing basketball or fighting each other?
                Definately Shaq and Hakeem. I don't doubt the status of Wlit and Russell, but particualrly Wilt was able to get away with a lot of playground riff raff due to his advanced size, athleticism and finesse. Finger rolls from 8 feet out, stuff like that. Shaq had power moves, but he was so quick, and Hakeem evolved into a complete basketball player by the time he was, well, Hakeem as opposed to Akeem. From ballhandling, passing, outside game, Russell and Wilt would just be overmatched. Different game.
                Wilt and Russell stomp all over them in terms of ATG status, however. The mark that Russell made, winning 2 national championships at San Francisco (2 out of 3 years, college basketball players sat out their freshman year), and then 11 NBA titles with Boston (11 out of 13), will never be matched. 13 of 16 years the dude is on top. Can't be coincidence.
                The only thing suspect about the statistical giant Wilt Chamberlain, is that he never fouled out of an NBA game. It's usually put out as a factor in his greatness, but I'm not so sure. He could block shots obviously (although we don't know to what statistical extent, but those jarbonies didn't count them), either there was referee bias, which I seriously doubt, or he was a physically soft defender, in my view. But off the charts offensively.

Comment

Working...
                X