• Show
Clear All

if floyd patterson had an iron chin he would have dominated

Comment

Terry Norris

Comment

Originally posted by ghns1133 View Post
        if floyd patterson had an iron chin he would have dominated
        Should have stayed at Light-Heavy: He'd have been an ATG.

Poet

Comment

Tommy Morrison.. Although, somehow he was able to defeat Razor Ruddock..

Comment

Originally posted by glidesmack View Post
            I think this what I meant with the "least god given talent" thread.

Willie Pep is the only really great fighter I know of who reportedly had a very bad chin.
            Wow, where did that come from? Pep was only stopped 6 times in nearly 250 fights. At least two of those stoppages are thought to be dives and a couple more came at the hands of ATG Saddler, after Pep was past his best.

Comment

Joe Louis, relative to his greatness.

Comment

Originally posted by winky's right View Post
                Joe Louis, relative to his greatness.

I disagree. Louis was only stopped twice after taking prolonged beatings and it can be argued he wasn't prime for either fight. Other than that Louis always got up and was in control.

Comment

I guess my argument is tied with that heart =/= chin debate. For example, J.M Marquez is not generally perceived to have a great chin, but he still gets up after KDs. Secondly, I never said Louis had a bad chin. Being widely regarded as #1 or #2 HW of all time, he has a few flash KDs. But yes, he had excellent recovery, and he couldn't have conquered some of the beasts he did with a bad chin. I guess his KDs could be explained by his front foot fighting style, but then again Mike Tyson never got a flash KD in his prime with his swarming style (correct me if I'm wrong). But obviously Louis wasn't fighting tomato cans like Mike was

Comment

Roy Jones Jr comes to mind...seldom got hit...but when he did it was good-nite.

Comment

Carl "The Truth" Williams
                      Michael Moorer

Comment

Working...
                      X