Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Past or Present do you think there has been a fighter who has never been knocked down

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southpaw16bf View Post

Watch from the 2 Minute mark, and you will see that is no slip. Marciano is hit with a clean punch.

Again watch from around the 50 second mark onwards and you will see again Walcott hits Marciano with a peach of a uppercut.

The punchers Moore and Walcott hit Marcaino to knock him down, were near perfect punchers that landed right on the button. They were never in a million years slips.
    Moore certainly looked shocked that Marciano bounced straight up. As for being off balance, I'm a fan of Marciano but was he ever on balance?

Comment

Originally posted by Slimey Limey View Post
      There is your alt coming to the rescue I see. I guess you can't debate me without backing yourself up with multiple accounts, mate.

Part of a FLASH knockdown. Unlike you I see flash kd's as irrelevent. It says nothing about the fight, or the opponents ability to take a punch. In K-1 Kickboxing and many other martial arts this would be called a slip and the fight would go on like nothing happened. Of cource this is Boxing, but it shows this is irrelevant.But you of cource want to be a smartass and make your master Mancmachine proud, so that is why you jumped on the anti Marciano boat.
      You should have probably said that before making yourself look like a bit of a fool (not that it's a first) by saying that Marciano only "slipped" against Walcott and Moore.

And those knockdowns would have most certainly been called knockdowns in any other martial art as well.

Comment

Originally posted by TheManchine View Post
        You should have probably said that before making yourself look like a bit of a fool (not that it's a first) by saying that Marciano only "slipped" against Walcott and Moore.

And those knockdowns would have most certainly been called knockdowns in any other martial art as well.
        Me looking ****** ay mate? You're the one posting here with mulptiple accounts. That shows you lost the argument the minute I posted that picture.
        Slips, flash kd's, it's the same. Because they both mean NOTHING. Get it?

And if you actually watched any other martial arts, which you clearly don't, then you'd know they wouldn't be called.

Comment

Me looking ****** ay mate? You're the one posting here with mulptiple accounts. That shows you lost the argument the minute I posted that picture.

And if you actually watched any other martial arts, which you clearly don't, then you'd know they wouldn't be called.
          How is a slip and a flashknockdown the same??? When you are flash knocked dowened you are hit with a punch, when you slip you are hit with nothing and you are down because you have slipped on something. Two totally different concepts.

I think you should go back to watching Martial Arts full time.
          Last edited by Southpaw16BF; 04-23-2009, 12:36 PM.

Comment

When you get up to heavyweight most of the better ones can knock you down, its more physics than weakness of chin. The punches were good and it is a point in Marciano's favour that he bounced straight up rather than a criticism that he touched canvas. No way were they slips.

Comment

Multiple accounts?

I've watched other martial arts almost as intently as I do boxing.

Was Mark Hunt on balance at 4:30?

Was Liddell on balance at 0:50?

Is Takeda on balance at 5:50?

Last edited by TheGreatA; 04-23-2009, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw16bf View Post
                How is a slip and a flashknockdown the same??? When you are flash knocked dowened you are hit with a punch, when you slip you are hit with nothing and you are down because you have slipped on something. Two totally different concepts.

I think you should go back to watching Martial Arts full time.
                Can you read? Or can't you afford glasses? I said "They both mean nothing". Now, I can't be any more simple than this in the English language so I'm not gonna spell it out for you.

I think you should grown into one of those mma fanboys. You fit in there nicely.

Originally posted by TheManchine View Post
                Multiple accounts?

I've watched other martial arts almost as intently as I do boxing.

Was Mark Hunt on balance at 4:30?

Was Liddell on balance at 0:50?

Is Takeda on balance at 5:50?

Yes multiple accounts. Manmachine and Southpaw16= Same person.

If you knew anything about Marital arts you'd know there are no knockdowns called in UFC. FAIL.

Hunt was hit before throwing a punch. Marciano threw a wild punch, was standing on 1 leg off balance, then he was hit.
                Takeda same story.

And how convenient that you picked a few moments, when there are TRILLIONS of opposite examples. Even if you came up with 20 examples in this thread, it's still a fact that every time it is not called a knockdown so you fail, mate.

Sorry Marciano hater. The Rock was never knocked down. Live with it. Take professional help if you can't handle it.

Comment

If you knew anything about Marital arts you'd know there are no knockdowns called in UFC. FAIL.
                  Fail.

"7. Thus for all Judges scoring UFC fights, the prioritized order of evaluating criteria is:
                  -clean strikes and effective grappling are weighed first.
                  -octagon control
                  -effective aggressiveness
                  M. Domination Criteria
                  1. A Judge may determine that a fighter dominated his opponent in a round. This can lead to a two point or more difference on a Judge's scorecard.
                  2. The definition of a dominating round is a fighter's ability to effectively strike, grapple and
                  control his opponent.
                  3. A Judge may determine a round was dominating if a fighter was adversely affected by one of the following:
                  -knocked down from standing position by clean strike
                  -by submission attempt
                  -from a throw
                  -from clean strikes either standing or grounded."

Hunt was hit before throwing a punch. Marciano threw a wild punch, was standing on 1 leg off balance, then he was hit.
                  Takeda same story.
                  Hunt and Takeda were both in the process of throwing a punch when they were knocked down.

I already said that I may buy the excuse for the Moore knockdown but what about the Walcott knockdown? Marciano was not throwing a punch and was standing steadily on his two feet when he got caught by a huge left hook which put him down.

Here it is again:

1:00

And how convenient that you picked a few moments, when there are TRILLIONS of opposite examples. Even if you came up with 20 examples in this thread, it's still a fact that every time it is not called a knockdown so you fail, mate.
                  Please come up with some of these examples then. I've made my case.
                  Last edited by TheGreatA; 04-23-2009, 01:18 PM.

Comment

I'm not a Marciano hater and if you check my posts will always support him. But he was knocked down, he got up and knocked out the other guy later. He was down in the Moore Walcott fights for a total of about 3 seconds, to my mind it shows that he did have an incredible chin not the opposite.
                    He was knocked down though.

Comment

Can you read? Or can't you afford glasses? I said "They both mean nothing". Now, I can't be any more simple than this in the English language so I'm not gonna spell it out for you.

I think you should grown into one of those mma fanboys. You fit in there nicely.

Yes multiple accounts. Manmachine and Southpaw16= Same person.

Takeda same story.

Sorry Marciano hater. The Rock was never knocked down. Live with it. Take professional help if you can't handle it.
                      You say a slip and a flash knockdown both don't mean nothing. Well actually a flash knockdown does mean something, it means a 10-8 round, were a slip means nothing. So you are wrong again, like you always are.

Am no Marcaino hater, but I accept the fact that ''BOTH'' Jersey Joe Walcott and Archie Moore knocked him down with clean punchers.

Comment

Working...
                      X