Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Past or Present do you think there has been a fighter who has never been knocked down

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southpaw16bf View Post
    You say Marciano only slipped twice, the knockdowns he suffered at the hands of Archie Moore and Jersey Joe Walcott were no slips, they were clean punchers. And I've never heard no one claim them to be slips, not even Marciano himslef.

They were clean knockdowns.
    Notice he can't make a post without including a gratuitous shot at Louis? I'm begining to think this guy hates Louis as much as LRR hates Ali.

Poet

Comment

Watch from the 2 Minute mark, and you will see that is no slip. Marciano is hit with a clean punch.

Again watch from around the 50 second mark onwards and you will see again Walcott hits Marciano with a peach of a uppercut.

The punchers Moore and Walcott hit Marcaino to knock him down, were near perfect punchers that landed right on the button. They were never in a million years slips.

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
        Notice he can't make a post without including a gratuitous shot at Louis? I'm begining to think this guy hates Louis as much as LRR hates Ali.

Poet
        I also noticed the Louis comment, and the subject was nothing to do with Louis.

Comment

I also noticed the Louis comment, and the subject was nothing to do with Louis.
          It doesn't have to be about him. This guy seems incapable of making a post without trying to discredit the Bomber at some point during it.

Poet

Comment

You say Marciano only slipped twice, the knockdowns he suffered at the hands of Archie Moore and Jersey Joe Walcott were no slips, they were clean punchers. And I've never heard no one claim them to be slips, not even Marciano himslef.

They were clean knockdowns.
            They were about as clean as your undies, so you can take that back. Marciano was off balance against Moore, and here is the proof.

This is right before he goes down. He is leaning on his left leg and swinging wildly off balance. Slipped.
            And against Walcott it's the same story but I can't find the pic at the moment.

Being a smartass doesn't always help your cause, wanker.

Comment

Originally posted by Slimey Limey View Post
              They were about as clean as your undies, so you can take that back. Marciano was off balance against Moore, and here is the proof.

This is right before he goes down. He is leaning on his left leg and swinging wildly off balance. Slipped.
              And against Walcott it's the same story but I can't find the pic at the moment.

Being a smartass doesn't always help your cause, wanker.
              But being off balance can be part of a Knockdown. And you must of not been watching the vidoes close enough, as you will see off balnace or not Moore and Walcott hit Marciano with clean flush on shots, that he goes down off.

Your lack of Boxing Knowlodge is unbelivable.
              Last edited by Southpaw16BF; 04-23-2009, 12:02 PM.

Comment

I can buy the excuse that Marciano was "off balance" against Moore.

1:00

Rocky was standing steadily on his two feet and not in the process of throwing a wild punch against Walcott though.

What about Rocky being nearly knocked out by a light heavyweight journeyman Tiger Ted Lowry?

Comment

Originally posted by TheManchine View Post

Rocky was standing steadily on his two feet and not in the process of throwing a wild punch against Walcott though.

What about Rocky being nearly knocked out by a light heavyweight journeyman Tiger Ted Lowry?
                  He struggled in the 1st fight against Lowry for sure, I'm not sure about him nearly being knocked out though? My memory of it was in both fights he couldn't get Lowry's defense down. Can't remember seeing the fights on film, do they exist? Do think that as only a handful of fighters survived the distance with Marciano and he certainly wasn't a stylist that the survival of fighters has turned into contraversial decisions with the passage of time?

Comment

Originally posted by TheManchine View Post

My point being, he may have been off balance against Moore, but Moore hit him with a clean punch. Being off balance and slipping are two different things, as when you slip it is not caused by a punch, Marcaino went down due to being hit by Moore. Which at the time were calling what Moore hit Marcaino with ''The near perfect punch''

Comment

There is your alt coming to the rescue I see. I guess you can't debate me without backing yourself up with multiple accounts, mate.

But being off balance can be part of a Knockdown. And you must of not been watching the vidoes close enough, as you will see off balnace or not Moore and Walcott hit Marciano with clean flush on shots, that he goes down off.

Your lack of Boxing Knowlodge is unbelivable.
                      Part of a FLASH knockdown. Unlike you I see flash kd's as irrelevent. It says nothing about the fight, or the opponents ability to take a punch. In K-1 Kickboxing and many other martial arts this would be called a slip and the fight would go on like nothing happened. Of cource this is Boxing, but it shows this is irrelevant.But you of cource want to be a smartass and make your master Mancmachine proud, so that is why you jumped on the anti Marciano boat.

Comment

Working...
                      X