Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rocky Marciano vs Joe Frazier, who'd win?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheManchine View Post
    Marciano was nearly knocked out by Tiger Ted Lowry, a light heavyweight journeyman.
    Indeed, alot of boxing people thought Lowry won there 1st fight. Including Lowry himself, saying ''I feel as if I was cheated out of my little piece of history. But then I realize I still have a piece of history''

Ted ''Tiger'' Lowry was born New Bedford USA, and was a very tough and game fighter in his boxing days. His best win came against Billy Fox who he beat on points in 48. Rocky Marcaino tried twice, Archie Moore tryed, Jimmy Bivins tryed Fireman Jim Flynn tryed and Rex Layne tryed but non could stop Ted Lowry, a pretty impressive stat in its own right.

Here's a good article on him
    http://www.thesweetscience.com/boxin...ed-lowry-tale/

Comment

Originally posted by Slimey Limey View Post
      You would need weapons of mass destruction to match the power of Marciano's right cross mate.
      And Marciano had power in all of his punches. He destroyed a lot of fighters with left hooks and uppercuts as well.

I saw Frazier unable to hurt Foreman with his left hook yet Lyle and Young knocked him down several times with right hands. Marciano´s right was harder than both lads.
      But not before they were first destroyed by Alzheimer's.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder Lips View Post
        Now lets not disrespect Archie Moore's power cause he jumped up and down in weight. You sound as clueless as the poster your trying to put down. Archie Moore was an all time great power puncher and his right hand was a threat to anyone.

"Up and down"? As far as I know he just went up, up to take a shot at the more prestigious higher weight Boxing titles like many contenders do. He was just much more successful at it than others.

He did pack a good punch but he was no Joe Frazier.

Comment

Would be hell of a fight. A bloodied Rocky would hammer Joe out in late round.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/078..._hashrec_03_03

Comment

Originally posted by Omega-Red View Post
            "Up and down"? As far as I know he just went up, up to take a shot at the more prestigious higher weight Boxing titles like many contenders do. He was just much more successful at it than others.

He did pack a good punch but he was no Joe Frazier.
            Didn't he have more KOs than any boxer in history?

Comment

Originally posted by PLATE View Post
              That honor belongs to the great Archie Moore, if I am not mistaken.

Comment

Originally posted by PLATE View Post
                That's because he fought until he was 72, I doubt he has the highest knockout percentage.

Comment

That's because he fought until he was 72, I doubt he has the highest knockout percentage.
                  Well, Young Stribling has the second most ko's in boxing history and he was dead by age 28.

Comment

Old Archie was a great puncher, pound for pound a harder hitter than Frazier, but he scored many of his KO's as a middleweight/light heavyweight.

He did KO heavyweights as well, even those who were over 6'3, 210+ lbs. Bob Baker, Alejandro Lavorante, Embrell Davidson and James J Parker were among Moore's KO victims.

I think Frazier was the bigger puncher as a heavyweight though. Moore got by against the big heavyweights because of his remarkable skill but he was not as big of a threat as a puncher as he was when he fought at 160-175.

Comment

I'd favor Frazier to get the TKO in the 15th round.

No disrespect to Rocky, but he's been dropped by much lesser punchers than the guys who've dropped Frazier. And he's never tasted power like Frazier's, either.

I think he woud be shocked at the amount of fight in Smokin' Joe, and how powerful his left hook was.

Both men would hit the canvas at least once.

But Frazier would continue to hammer on Marciano throughout the course of the fight, ultimately scoring a TKO in the 15th and final round.

Marciano is not the god like figure his followers make him out to be, and Frazier would eventually find him out.

Comment

Working...
                      X