No announcement yet.

10 greatest resumes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 greatest resumes

Here are a few to get things started, and have to undoubtedly be among the top 10 resumes all time.

In no particular order.....

Robinson
    Greb
    Benny Leonard
    Charles
    Moore
    Ali
    Langford
    Walker

There are 8, who are some others? Are these guys deserving of top 10 consideration and if not who should be there?

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
    Here are a few to get things started, and have to undoubtedly be among the top 10 resumes all time.

Robinson
    Greb
    Benny Leonard
    Charles
    Moore
    Ali
    Langford
    Walker

There are 8, who are some others? Are these guys deserving of top 10 consideration and if not who should be there?
    ** I'd drop Ali and Walker and add in Gans, Attell, and Pep. Make a strong case for Joe Jeannette. Jeannette a slow starter as a novice, in with Jack Johnson and the like. Not the brilliant boxer/puncher others were, but he had a long productive career and only Sam Langford has more HOF fights than Joe.

That should be ten, so now everyone sorted.......

Comment

Robinson
      Greb
      Benny Leonard
      Charles
      Moore
      Ali
      Langford
      Walker

Carlos Ortiz is a possibility(wins over Kenny Lane, Battling Torres, Duilio Loi(2 times), Joe Brown, Flash Elorde(2 times), Ismael Laguna(2 times) and Sugar Ramos. That is a pretty impressive resume

Comment

Originally posted by LondonRingRules View Post
        ** I'd drop Ali and Walker and add in Gans, Attell, and Pep. Make a strong case for Joe Jeannette. Jeannette a slow starter as a novice, in with Jack Johnson and the like. Not the brilliant boxer/puncher others were, but he had a long productive career and only Sam Langford has more HOF fights than Joe.

That should be ten, so now everyone sorted.......

You'd drop Ali, really? What about adding Joe Louis? He has something like 14 HOF'ers on his resume if I'm not mistaken.
        mrbig1 mrbig1 likes this.

Comment

joe calzaghe

joking btw lol

Comment

You'd drop Ali, really? What about adding Joe Louis? He has something like 14 HOF'ers on his resume if I'm not mistaken.
            Agreed there. Ali has one of the best resume's I've seen.

Comment

ali, holyfield, sugar ray leonard, duran, de la hoya, hearns all deserve mentions too

Comment

You have to remember LRR is a committed Ali hater who can be counted on to denigrate Ali at every opportunity. He just flat out hates the dude.

Poet
                Last edited by StarshipTrooper; 03-19-2009, 09:36 AM.

Comment

** Your criteria is great "amorphous" resume, not record. The fighters I picked had well over 100 fights, in some cases 300 plus and dozens of those fights are against HOFers if not noted top contenders in their day.

In spite of the doggerel poet who ignores me by following me around like a puppy making a mess everywhere he goes, by striking Walker and not adding Louis, it wouldn't follow that I "hate" them any more than I "hate" Ali.

If Ali is as great as touted, he should be able to stand on his own merits without an artificial fanboy boost by me. With only 61 fights, he falls short of modern records of Foreman/Louis whom aren't on my list. My list ain't a threat to the greatness of Ali, it's a threat to the typical fanboy cum cheerleader who never bothers to think beyond him.

Now, of course Ali's much more than that, how much more open to debate, but 14 HOFers on his record is nothing compared to the dozen+ times Langford took on Jeannette and vice versa and so on and so forth. As I alluded, Jeannette not the most gifted slugger/boxer, but he had incredible ring intelligence and grit and willing to fight any one. With all his wins coming AFTER early meetings with a prime Jack Johnson, his resume is outstanding enough that only a few can surpass.

Comment

Originally posted by 1SILVA View Post
                    Carlos Ortiz is a possibility(wins over Kenny Lane, Battling Torres, Duilio Loi(2 times), Joe Brown, Flash Elorde(2 times), Ismael Laguna(2 times) and Sugar Ramos. That is a pretty impressive resume
                    He is 1-2 against Loi

Comment

Working...
                    X