No announcement yet.

Most brilliant performance by a fighter of the last 40 years

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most brilliant performance by a fighter of the last 40 years

what performance have you guys seen that just totally shocked you and made your mouth open to the highest degree? mine would have to be, wow! how shocking gatti/mayweather from june 25, 2005 in atlantic city, new jersey, my hometown, a town of idiots, excluding myself. the performance floyd put on was breathtaking to say the least, and the most dominate fight i've seen, maybe ever. floyd landed nearly 80% of his punches in one round, just brilliant movement, upper and lower body? brilliant couter punching with his left hook and of course right hand. amazing combination punching from the body to upstairs. he couldn't miss against a guy who was a warrior with a big heart and a big punch. gatti looked like an amateur. floyd was the smaller guy and he bcame p4p number 1 after this fight albeit hopkins losing to taylor also, but skillwise, his performance was just brilliant, period. he is the most fluid fighter i've ever seen with a methodical mindset and a killer instinct when he wants to have one.

look at this dudes topic history its all about floyd lol

Comment

Joe C boxin Lacy to hell for a full 12 rds, actually beatin him worse and worse as rds went on was some ill ****. Proved me and many others wrong.

Comment

Leonard against Hearns first match

Comment

pernell whitaker gave a more dominating performance against greg haugen. there are highlights on utube, but it's better to acquire the full fight if you can. haugen was a better fighter than gatti and he was in his prime. pernell tore him down to the point where haugen was afraid to throw punches in return. haugen was a damned good counter puncher, but whitaker did a ****in job on him that night.

calzaghe over lacy

hopkins over trinidad

mayweather over hatton

toney over jirov

lewis over tyson

hopkins over pavlik

pacquiao over barrera

mayweather over corrales

corrales over castillo

mcgirt over brown

duran over barkley

all more impressive than mayweather beating gatti. i could name 100 fights that were more impressive than floyd swinging on that punching bag.

Comment

Originally posted by oldgringo View Post
            pernell whitaker gave a more dominating performance against greg haugen. there are highlights on utube, but it's better to acquire the full fight if you can. haugen was a better fighter than gatti and he was in his prime. pernell tore him down to the point where haugen was afraid to throw punches in return. haugen was a damned good counter puncher, but whitaker did a ****in job on him that night.

calzaghe over lacy

hopkins over trinidad

mayweather over hatton

toney over jirov

lewis over tyson

hopkins over pavlik

pacquiao over barrera

mayweather over corrales

corrales over castillo

mcgirt over brown

duran over barkley

all more impressive than mayweather beating gatti. i could name 100 fights that were more impressive than floyd swinging on that punching bag.
            Bhop schooling pavlik for every second of every round was one of the most dominating performances i've seen in a while

Comment

brilliant performance

Originally posted by pbftxrs316 View Post
              what performance have you guys seen that just totally shocked you and made your mouth open to the highest degree? mine would have to be, wow! how shocking gatti/mayweather from june 25, 2005 in atlantic city, new jersey, my hometown, a town of idiots, excluding myself. the performance floyd put on was breathtaking to say the least, and the most dominate fight i've seen, maybe ever. floyd landed nearly 80% of his punches in one round, just brilliant movement, upper and lower body? brilliant couter punching with his left hook and of course right hand. amazing combination punching from the body to upstairs. he couldn't miss against a guy who was a warrior with a big heart and a big punch. gatti looked like an amateur. floyd was the smaller guy and he bcame p4p number 1 after this fight albeit hopkins losing to taylor also, but skillwise, his performance was just brilliant, period. he is the most fluid fighter i've ever seen with a methodical mindset and a killer instinct when he wants to have one.
              The most brilliant performances I've ever seen

Mayweather-Corrales
              Hopkins-Trinidad
              Salvador Sanchez-Wilfredo Gomez
              Ali-Liston I
              Roy Jones-Toney
              Douglas-Tyson
              Pacquiao-De La Hoya
              Calzhage-Lacy
              Curry-Mcrory
              Toney-Holyfield

Every one of these winners dominated their opponents like they owned them.

Comment

Originally posted by pbftxrs316 View Post
                bernard hopkins performance on kelly pavlik was pretty damn good...also may i add pacman destroying de la hoya....

Comment

Billionaire's right about the TS post history. Guess dude was just lookin for more Floydboys to chime in.

Comment

Originally posted by mangler View Post
                    Joe C boxin Lacy to hell for a full 12 rds, actually beatin him worse and worse as rds went on was some ill ****. Proved me and many others wrong.

Agreed, I'll never forget that fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X