Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

where can i find stuff about boxing, its history?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where can i find stuff about boxing, its history?

i'm a novice at boxing, and i know you can just look stuff up on wikipedia but the history of boxing and its great fighters are all scattered throughout a lot of different pages. is there an online e-book or something interesting i can read?

i love history itself, and that combined with my newfound love for boxing, would be a great match.

Originally posted by derekqa View Post
    i'm a novice at boxing, and i know you can just look stuff up on wikipedia but the history of boxing and its great fighters are all scattered throughout a lot of different pages. is there an online e-book or something interesting i can read?

i love history itself, and that combined with my newfound love for boxing, would be a great match.
    Cyberboxingzone, boxrec, International boxing hall of fame. There are a ton of places. There are quite a few quality posters here who know there stuff, but if you don't know them from the trolls I would check everthing using every resource you can find. Overall this is a great board to learn from......if you follow the right guys. I won't name names out of fear I might leave a person of quality out, but if you pay attention you'll figure it out in no time.

Comment

the public library is a great source, got to read them books

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
        Cyberboxingzone, boxrec, International boxing hall of fame. There are a ton of places. There are quite a few quality posters here who know there stuff, but if you don't know them from the trolls I would check everthing using every resource you can find. Overall this is a great board to learn from......if you follow the right guys. I won't name names out of fear I might leave a person of quality out, but if you pay attention you'll figure it out in no time.
        Another boxing book that might interest you is "Boxings Heroes & Champions" by "Bob Mee" it has 250 fighters in there & 45 greatest fights ever it gives everything a person would need & it doesn't take long to read.

Comment

I would say just pick ONE fighter who interests you for whatever reason and start with him. Just google his name and study at the different sites named in the thread. See if you can pick up a book and watch everything of his on YouTube or track down the DVD's.

Before you know it you have an area of interest you are well established in and some other fighter who crossed paths with your chosen subject will have lept out at you and you will go off at a tangent.

Boxing history for me started with Jack Johnson.

Comment

theres a good book called "boxing: a cultural history" by kasia boddy, hope it helps

Comment

Originally posted by Richie-G View Post
              theres a good book called "boxing: a cultural history" by kasia boddy, hope it helps
              Do a search on eBay ive just being surfing it & theres great books some very rare & new releases for less than the retail price give you an example "The Encyclopedia Of Boxing" is about $12 in & a round or bid on some books & there's great DVDs mint of old boxing video collections with magazine included hope this help man

Comment

Working...
              X