No announcement yet.

Marciano was overrated and not an ATG.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by el*** View Post
    Marciano is a light heavyweight by todays standards. And all of his meaningful wins were over guys who moved up from light heavyweight which are super middles by todays standards.

Yet you got a bunch of noobs running around spouting nonsense how little marcianonito would be KOing REAL heavyweights like Tyson and Wlad. GTFO of here unknowledgeable noobs.

Thats a light heavyweight right there.

Since when does traing down to 188 make someone a lightheavyweight? You of course leave out that the integrity of weight classes has been severely compromised due to fighters being allowed almost 2 days to rehydrate and pack weight on. Of they had to make weight 6 hours before a fight you can be sure most fighters would be fighting 2 and 3 divisions higher than they currently do.

Comment

• Originally posted by el*** View Post
      Marciano is a light heavyweight by todays standards. And all of his meaningful wins were over guys who moved up from light heavyweight which are super middles by todays standards.

Yet you got a bunch of noobs running around spouting nonsense how little marcianonito would be KOing REAL heavyweights like Tyson and Wlad. GTFO of here unknowledgeable noobs.

Thats a light heavyweight right there.
      Where did you get this opinion from ?.. your years of professional boxing behind you ??.. fought any top guys recently ??.. or did you get it from watching "Enter The Dragon" ?.. I doubt you have studied Marciano's fights closely either. May the force be with you my son.

Comment

• When I was very young and inexperienced I also felt Marciano as a low skilled wild slugger. I was completely wrong. Rocky was cute in there and was not the open target many think of him as. Both Walcott and Moore stated they would hit Rocky as will. Did not happen in the ring. Marciano low couch and head bobbing especially after throwing punches made him a difficult target to land hard punches.

Comment

• Rocky was an aerobic training freak which kept his fighting weight low. He was trained down to a fine edge to fight 15 not 12 rounds at a time where there was no science in terms of performance drugs. Put Wlad in Marcianos era and he would be a lanky glass chinned hwt. Marciano steroids or not would be an ATG talent.

Comment

• Marciano weighed well under 190 pounds was short and gave away reach to everyone he fought. Look at the old films such you claim you have. Rocky was always the smaller guy in the ring. He was rarely the fastest, started boxing late in life somewhat crude but still bludgeoned his opponents until they could take anymore. Pretty remarkable..

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
              Marciano weighed well under 190 pounds was short and gave away reach to everyone he fought. Look at the old films such you claim you have. Rocky was always the smaller guy in the ring. He was rarely the fastest, started boxing late in life somewhat crude but still bludgeoned his opponents until they could take anymore. Pretty remarkable..
              In today's day and age such a feat would have people calling him a P4P king.

Comment

Working...
              X