No announcement yet.

Dempsey-Firpo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Willie Pep 229 View Post
    I realize this guy probably isn't around any longer . . . but it is amazing that there can be no sacred cows on this forum, it is like a disease, everything and everyone must be discredited or called overrated.

The fight had 11 knockdowns in 4 minutes of fighting, with the HW Champion being knocked out of the ring, but the fight is still "overrated."

There is this old film from the 1940s where these two ladies (bimbos) are exiting the Dempsey-Firpo fight with their boyfriends and the one bimbo says to her friend, "Didn't Mr. Rickard say it would be 15 rounds" she then turns to her boyfriend and tells him he should go back in an ask for some of their money back. The two guys just look at each other, shrug and walk away; no point in trying to explain it.

Maybe this OP should hang with those two ladies.
    Plus I love the irony of this moron having Jeopardy champion Ken Jennings for his avatar.

Comment

Originally posted by TysonForeman View Post
      That's probably the beating of the century. By far the worst Champion Annihilation I've ever seen or heard of. Foreman's beatdown of Frazier isn't even close.

One thing that is overlooked about that fight is the amazing heart and determination that Jess Willard showed. Can you imagine getting hammered senseless like that and still trying to get up and win?

The fight also shows how Jack Dempsey probably had the best power punching technique ever. Every move he makes is designed to amplify the force of the punch.
      True , the performance of the century

Comment

Working...
      X